Changes to Immigration Health Screening

Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Changes to Immigration Health Screening

Just in case people haven't seen. Immigration have made, from what I can work out, some very common sense changes to their medical screening process - well from my point of view - it may effect other people in different ways - not too sure.

Basically - if you have submitted a medical to immigration with another visa application in the last 36 months - you do not now need to get ANOTHER medical done - you can use the same one. this is instead of the - in the last 3 months rule. the 3 month rule still stands if this is new and you have never submitted a medical to immigration before.

more details - of course - on the immigration website here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...lthchanges.htm

I called immigration just to check, that in my circumstances it was correct and he said that yes - they will basically link everything up to previous applications :-)

Big yey on my part was my current visa is work to residence so they looked at my medical in great detail at that stage anyway so should be no reason not to grant my SMC visa if they are using the same medical information!

Last edited by Caz8NZ; Aug 1st 2012 at 8:30 am. Reason: typo
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:37 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to Immigration Health Screening

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! !!!

WTFFFS!!!!!

Bet you can't guess why.....

Was it TOOOOO hard for NZIS to contact those with ITA's issued before 30/7 but expiry dates afterwards and ITA not lodged????? They were keen enough to send me an email "explaining" the fee increase.....

Last edited by simonsi; Aug 1st 2012 at 8:37 am. Reason: So LIVID I couldn't spell!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

i know i know! i only found out by total chance! my mate told me today that a friend of hers (3rd hand info of course!) said there were changes to police certificate requirements and that he was better off to wait so he could get the right certificate.....that was the whole reason i went on the website in the first place......then saw this gem of information! and of course immigration had no knowledge of this police certificate change!

Sorry about that Simonsi - these things are sent to try us - hope its helps out some other folks though!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:15 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, not shooting the messenger

and 3mths

to 3yrs

is a huge change!!!

$900 of pain on this for nowt....

Last edited by simonsi; Aug 1st 2012 at 9:22 am.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simonsi
Sorry, not shooting the messenger

and 3mths

to 3yrs

is a huge change!!!

$900 of pain on this for nowt....
i know - slight difference eh!

Can I ask how you spent $900 on a medical though? or is this numerous medicals for numerous visas?
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 1:58 am
It is what it is Member

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
i know - slight difference eh!

Can I ask how you spent $900 on a medical though? or is this numerous medicals for numerous visas?
Family of 5....
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:28 am
It is what it is Member

Just received this:

Dear simonsi,

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) would like to inform you of changes that may affect the information that you are required to provide with your residence application.

Changes to immigration health screening
On 30 July 2012 changes were made to immigration health screening requirements. These changes include the ability for visa applicants to reuse medical and chest X-ray certificates where:
they were issued less than 36 months ago,
they were submitted with a previous visa application, and
the applicant was assessed as having an acceptable standard of health based on those certificates.

New medical and chest X-ray certificates
As of 30 July 2012 there are also new medical and chest X-ray certificates. These are the General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007) and the Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1096). If you are about to lodge your application for residence and have already completed the former Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1007), INZ will continue to accept this certificate until 31 December 2012. If you have not already completed the Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1007), it is preferable that you use the new certificates which can be found here.

If you have previously submitted the former Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1007), or X-ray Certificate for Temporary Entry (INZ 1096) within the last 36 months and you were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health at that time, you may reuse these certificates as evidence of meeting health requirements, unless:
your health has deteriorated since that time, or
you were advised by INZ that you would need to provide updated medical information with your next application, or
you have spent six consecutive months in any one or more countries not included in the list of countries with a low incidence of tuberculosis

Note: If you have previously only submitted an X-ray Certificate for Temporary Entry (INZ 1096), you can re-use this certificate in place of the new Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1096). However, you will need to provide a General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007) which is less than three months old with your application.

What you need to do
If you have already submitted your residence application you do not need to do anything.
If you have not previously provided medical and chest X-ray certificates you must provide medical and chest X-ray certificates which are no more than three months old when you submit your residence application.
If you have already provided medical and chest X-ray certificates, which are less than 36 months old and you were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health at that time, unless the rules listed above apply, you do not need to provide new medical and chest X-ray certificates when you submit your residence application*.
*If you have only previously provided an X-ray Certificate for Temporary Entry (INZ 1096) you must provide a General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007)).

You should note on your application form the reason why you have not attached medical and/or chest X-ray certificates.

Additional information to note
While previous medical and chest X-ray certificates can be reused over a 36 month period, immigration officers may still require updated medical and chest X-ray certificates which are less than three months old, if they consider this is necessary to establish whether an applicant has an acceptable standard of health.

Contact us
If you have any questions please contact the immigration officer who invited you to apply for residence, or contact us by one of the methods below.

Further information along with frequently asked questions on the medical changes can be found on the INZ website.

If you are in New Zealand, phone our contact centre on 0508 55 88 55 (or 09 914 4100 if you are in Auckland). If you are not in New Zealand, you can call our London Call Centre on 09069 100 100 (calls charged at £1 per minute) or +44 13 44 71 61 99 (overseas call rates apply).

Kind Regards,

Immigration New Zealand
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Me too!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

For some reason I thought you were already NZ resident Simonsi.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:42 am
It is what it is Member

Nah, WTR due to time constraints, just passing 2yrs so applying in full....

Just look/feel part of the furniture
Old Aug 7th 2012, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

I got the email this morning too - thank heavens we can still use the old paperwork until December!
Old Aug 9th 2012, 2:25 am
It is what it is Member

Result - $600 back from the medicals peeps so NZIS only cost me $300
Old Aug 9th 2012, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by simonsi
Result - $600 back from the medicals peeps so NZIS only cost me $300
how the hell did ya manage that one?!!?

Well done though!
Old Aug 9th 2012, 2:37 am
It is what it is Member

We were part way through so I got them to break out the costs of each part (blood tests, x-rays etc) and only charge us for what had been completed.

Once the methodology was agreed they were pretty good about it.

Result!

They might have been Immigration Medical Services in Ponsonby....
Old Aug 9th 2012, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

How much was a full adult medical then? can't work out your pricing based on a family of 5.....cheapest full adult medical (bloods/xrays and online submission) I found was $250.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.