Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Changed EOI to Re-Submit Mode from the Pool

Changed EOI to Re-Submit Mode from the Pool

Old Aug 21st 2011, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

shooterspalace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changed EOI to Re-Submit Mode from the Pool

Dear Experts/Senior Members,

On 20-08-2011 (yesterday), I changed the EOI status to Re-Submit Mode from the pool. Because, I felt that I should apply PAR first. When PAR result will be received, I will again Re-submit EOI.

Though my Education (B.Sc. in Computer Science from Bangalore University, India) is exempted from NZQA Assessment, I do not want to take any risk now. Few days ago, I heard that some people got NZQF Level 6 instead of 7 for B.Sc. qualification.

So far I know, PAR process will take more or less 20 days. So, if I keep my EOI in Re-submit Mode till PAR result received, will this make any problem?

Please suggest.

Regards

Shooter
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Changed EOI to Re-Submit Mode from the Pool

Is there anyone to reply me?
Old Aug 26th 2011, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

jnathan is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Does it not cost you $440 each time you submit your EOI? is there any change of information each time you submit the EOI?

2. Few days ago, I heard that some people got NZQF Level 6 instead of 7 for B.Sc. qualification.

I guess thats cause they had their degrees from lower graded colleges/universities

3. What is PAR?
Old Aug 27th 2011, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jnathan
1. Does it not cost you $440 each time you submit your EOI? is there any change of information each time you submit the EOI?
Suppose, you submitted EOI with payment (440 NZ$) and later the EOI is declined. Now if you wish to submit a new EOI, you have to pay 440NZ$ again.
In case of existing Submitted EOI, I personally saw that, I had to edit some information after the submission date. It said that if I edit again, it will be removed from the pool. As a result INZ will not be able to select the EOI from the pool. So, after editing, It is recommended to Re-submit and I did it. But INZ did not ask me further 440 NZ$. Now again, I kept the EOI in Re-submit Mode to settle my NZQA problem first.

2. Few days ago, I heard that some people got NZQF Level 6 instead of 7 for B.Sc. qualification.

I guess thats cause they had their degrees from lower graded colleges/universities
I also saw that some people got NZQF level 6 instead of 7 in PAR. But later when they submitted IQA, got NZQF Level 7.

I do not know or have any idea about their degrees or institutes/universities.

3. What is PAR?
PAR is Pre-Assessment Result which is required to assess the educational Qualification as Recongnized Qualification and get a NZQF Level. PAR is required in EOI stage.

For further details about PAR, please go through the below URL:

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...r-immigration/

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/40518.htm

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/31313.htm

Regards
shooter

Last edited by shooterspalace; Aug 27th 2011 at 5:12 am.
Old Aug 27th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

This is strange that why wouldn't they charge $440 once again for resubmission of your edited EOI. Resubmitted EOI means a fresh entrance to a new pool and whether or not it has once been evaluated, it could be evaluated once again and that should cost NZIS some money. how often they make files from the pool?

It mans NZIS has no sense of proper evaluation skill or they are not unanimous on their decision with NZQA as they increased the level from 6 to 7 in case of 'some people' as you said.

1. how long does it take to get a reply of assessment from NZQA? how do you apply for it and what do you send to them; your bachelors Certificate? I have heard these days it takes more than 30 days to get the report from NZQA.

2. if you dont submit the EOI and wait for the assessment report from NZQA on your degree then I don't think it will create any problem. that is what everyone does I suppose.

3. India, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe will soon be excluded from the list of exempted countries.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730078
Old Aug 28th 2011, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

This is strange that why wouldn't they charge $440 once again for resubmission of your edited EOI. Resubmitted EOI means a fresh entrance to a new pool and whether or not it has once been evaluated, it could be evaluated once again and that should cost NZIS some money. how often they make files from the pool?
I have same question as you about 440NZ$.
EOI is selected every 2 weeks. See the below URL every week. You will also get other news from there.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ormation/news/

It mans NZIS has no sense of proper evaluation skill or they are not unanimous on their decision with NZQA as they increased the level from 6 to 7 in case of 'some people' as you said.
I have same logic as you.

1. how long does it take to get a reply of assessment from NZQA? how do you apply for it and what do you send to them; your bachelors Certificate? I have heard these days it takes more than 30 days to get the report from NZQA.
I am thinking about Pre-Asessment (PAR) right now. PAR does not require any document, only it needs informations in the online form.
Later, I will think and educate myself on IQA (International Qaulification Assessment of NZQA) which requires documents.

3. India, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe will soon be excluded from the list of exempted countries.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=730078
As per the circular posted on 25-08-2011 in Immigration NZ site, First, see the message below specially Green and Red highlighted lines. List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (Appendix 3) will be updated and the country lists (South Africa,UK,India,Sri Lanka,Zimbabwe) will be removed from Qualifications Recognised as an Exception (Appendix 8).

So, India, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe will be updated in the Exempted list, not excluded from the exempted list.

For further details, see the Amendment Circular.

(The updated lists effective from 26 September 2011 are included in Amendment Circular 2011-15 PDF [900KB]. )

Here is the message below.
""""""
Changes to the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment and the list of Qualifications Recognised as an Exception
Thursday, 25 August 2011

On 26 September 2011, the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (Appendix 3 of the INZ Operational Manual) and the list of Qualifications Recognised as an Exception (Appendix 8) will be updated.

List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment (Appendix 3)

The following country lists in Appendix 3 will be updated:

Argentina
Belgium
Hong Kong
Hungary
India
Japan
Romania
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Switzerland
United Kingdom, and
Zimbabwe.

Qualifications Recognised as an Exception (Appendix 8)

The country lists for South Africa and the United Kingdom in Appendix 8 and the country lists for India, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe will be removed in their entirety.

The changes include:

the addition and removal of qualifications
changes to the level of qualifications
the addition and removal of institutions, and
updates to awarding dates.

We recommend that,

people intending to express interest under the Skilled Migrant Category instructions, or
those who have already submitted an Expression of Interest (EOI), or
those invited to apply for residence,

check the updated lists to help you make an informed decision on your EOI and/or subsequent residence application.

The updated lists effective from 26 September 2011 are included in Amendment Circular 2011-15 PDF [900KB].

(http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ular201115.pdf)
Old Sep 15th 2011, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Today I got a mail from NZQA for my PAR result and it is NZQF Level 7. Now, I will mention it in my EOI online application and re-submit it .

regards
shooter

Last edited by shooterspalace; Sep 15th 2011 at 11:18 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

thats so good for you shootersplace.
Your degree from India was in fact recognized so you didnt need to go for PAR by NZQA. I got mine as level 6 from NZQA so I am thinking what can be done now.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

thats so good for you shootersplace.
so you didnt need to go for PAR by NZQA.
Jnathan,

Though my degree is in the qualification assessment exemption list, but I submitted PAR to NZQA through online few days ago and got result today by a mail from NZQA. I only did it to be sure of the NZQF Level 7.

regards
shooter

Last edited by shooterspalace; Sep 16th 2011 at 12:14 am.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

alimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shooterspalace
Jnathan,

Though my degree is in the qualification assessment exemption list, but I submitted PAR to NZQA through online few days ago and got result today by a mail from NZQA. I only did it to be sure of the NZQF Level 7.

regards
shooter
Hi shooters palace,

Please let me know the procedure, I am new to this forum.
how to submit EOI and what are the steps??
I am from Pakistan I must need assessment my Qualification.
I have Passed B.Sc (Math,Statistics) + 4 year Diploma in Electronics + 1 year diploma in Network Engineering + MCSE
also I have 17 years experience in Telecommunication.
age 39 years, with Family two kids.
please let me know the steps soon as soon posible I want to apply for EOI.

Regards
Syed
Old Oct 12th 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alimehdi
Hi shooters palace,

Please let me know the procedure, I am new to this forum.
how to submit EOI and what are the steps??
I am from Pakistan I must need assessment my Qualification.
I have Passed B.Sc (Math,Statistics) + 4 year Diploma in Electronics + 1 year diploma in Network Engineering + MCSE
also I have 17 years experience in Telecommunication.
age 39 years, with Family two kids.
please let me know the steps soon as soon posible I want to apply for EOI.

Regards
Syed
alimehdi,

At first assess yourself how much points you can get. Minimum required points is 100 to apply SMC visa.

Next step is PAR (Pre-assessment Result). This is for preliminary checking of educational qualification.

After that, EOI launching (Expression of interest). If EOI is selected, then ITA (Invitation to Apply) will be sent to you.

Next, you have to apply for full assessment, i.e, IQA (International Qualification Assessment) before expiring ITA deadline. IQA can be applied before EOI.

(If your education and university is in the qualification assessment exempted list, you do not have to go for PAR or IQA. But in my case, I did not take any risk. I applied for PAR first to be sure about my NZQF level 7. What is NZQF, you will find in the operation manual)

After IQA is sent to you, you have to launch ITA application.

Please read the operation manual carefully before making any decision. The total rules and systems are explained there.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/6954.htm

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm

( If I am wrong, any senior can correct me. )

Regards

shooter