British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Change of job/Same employer... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/change-job-same-employer-661225/)

Matewx Mar 26th 2010 2:59 am

Change of job/Same employer...

Ok!

I might get a new job/promotion type of thing - not confirmed yet!

My visa says that i can as XYZ for company ABC...

Do I need to have it change to say I can now as MNOP for company ABC? or am I fine to stay on same?

Jan n Neil Mar 26th 2010 8:58 am

Re: Change of job/Same employer...

I,m no expert but i wouldn,t have thought it mattered if u are working for the same company, and do u really have to tell them

Bonjour Neil

Matewx Mar 27th 2010 4:48 am

So I went on their website and....

If you look at your work permit, there may be conditions placed on it. On most work permits, these conditions will state your job title, your employer's details, and the location of your employment. If any of these details will change or have changed, your permit conditions must be changed as well, in order for you to continue lawfully working in NZ.
Depending on what exactly has changed about your job, you may need to apply for a Variation of Conditions on your existing permit or for a whole new work permit.
You may need a Variation of Conditions if any of the following applies to you (please attach evidence of the change from your employer and a completed Employer Supplementary Form with your application):
~Your job and employer are the same, but you are moving to a new location (eg. from Auckland to Wellington); or

~Your company has changed names, but all aspects of your employment remain the same; or

~You are changing your employer but staying in the same region (eg moving from North Shore to Manukau City) with no other changes on your job title and job description

Before you submit your Variation of Conditions application, consider how much longer your work permit is valid for. A Variation of Conditions does not change the expiry date of your work permit, so if the permit will soon expire, you might want to apply for a whole new work permit now, and get your employment details updated at the same time. Refer to the link below for work permit process.
You will need a whole new Work Permit if any of the following applies to you:
~Your job has changed (or you received a promotion); or
~You have a new employer and your employment has moved to a different location, outside of your current region; or
~Your employer has changed (for example, you are moving to a new company)
Please note that breaching the conditions on your permit (eg. working in Hamilton, when your permit states a Christchurch location) means you are working unlawfully, and this may result in permit revocation, removal from NZ, and your employer may be prosecuted and fined as well. It is very important that your work permit correctly reflects your employment details at all times.
Looks like we'll need to put in a new application.... This worries me!

Hopefully I can just give them all the medicals from the first time round...

BEVS Mar 27th 2010 4:55 am

Sorry Matewx.

Yes. If you are promoted to another job, it would be a new work permit application.

Matewx Mar 27th 2010 4:58 am

I might just turn the job title down n get the $$ only...

I cant see myself going through what I went through in London not even a year ago....

:unsure:

But then again, job title is important for my future career progression...

arghhhhhhhh

BEVS Mar 27th 2010 5:32 am

It's an awkward one for you. I'm not sure I;d fiddle with an existing work permit right now , during these times.
Is the employer accredited with NZIS?

Matewx Mar 27th 2010 6:59 am

Yes they are...

If I apply for a new one n they refuse me... What happens then? I still have my other one right??