Change of circumstances during ITA?

Old May 25th 2005, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Change of circumstances during ITA?

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone tell me what to do/what would happen if I was made redundant after I'd submitted my ITA? :scared:
I accepted Voluntary redundancy a while back (it seemed like a good idea at the time) and here's no getting out of it now!
Of course, if it makes no difference, we might go to NZ on holiday (reccie)!
Markk
Old May 25th 2005, 4:10 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of circumstances during ITA?

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone tell me what to do/what would happen if I was made redundant after I'd submitted my ITA? :scared:
I accepted Voluntary redundancy a while back (it seemed like a good idea at the time) and here's no getting out of it now!
Of course, if it makes no difference, we might go to NZ on holiday (reccie)!
Markk
Hi Mark

This is a Q and A document that I found on the NZIS website...I've picked out two sections that I found on change of circumstances...

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...seSMCOpens.doc

What if my circumstances change after I submit an Expression of Interest (ie, receive a job offer, gain a new qualification, lose my job, leave my partner etc)?
Advise NZIS if your circumstances change, or if the information you supplied in your Expression of Interest changes. Failure to do so could result in your application being declined or your visa/permit being revoked.

I have an Invitation to Apply for residence - what do I have to do to lodge an application? Do I have to resubmit all my details?
If invited to apply for residence you will need to provide documentation to support the claims made in your Expression of Interest. This is likely to include:
· Passport/s (for all applicants, if available)
· Birth certificate/s (for all applicants)
· Marriage certificate (if applicable) or other evidence of a relationship with your spouse or partner
· Custody documentation (for any children, where applicable)
· Police certificates for all applicants aged 17 and over from your country of citizenship and each country you have resided in for 12 months or more over the last 10 years. Lodged certificates must be no more than six months old
· Medical and X-ray Certificates (for all applicants, which are no more than three months old when lodged)
· Evidence of English language ability (for all applicants aged 16 and over)
· Evidence of a recognised qualification (for you and/or your partner, if applicable)
· Evidence of skilled work experience (for you, if applicable)
· Evidence of a skilled job offer or current skilled employment in New Zealand (for you and/or your partner, if applicable)
· Other documentation as specified by the NZIS in your Invitation to Apply.

You will also need to tell us if your circumstances have changed since your Expression of Interest was selected, if that change of circumstances may affect your application for residence in any way.

I'm not sure if this answers your question or not ....

I don't think you would lose any points as I don't think you get any for actually being currently employed in the uk....as long as you have enough work experience to get the points....could be wrong though....and I don't think it would affect your application but.......

My advice, for what its worth, would be to contact your CO and let them know your position just in case it does affect your application....

be a shame to get your visa and have it whipped back off you!!!

Caroline

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; May 25th 2005 at 5:01 pm.
Old May 26th 2005, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Re: Change of circumstances during ITA?

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hi Mark

This is a Q and A document that I found on the NZIS website...I've picked out two sections that I found on change of circumstances...

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...seSMCOpens.doc

What if my circumstances change after I submit an Expression of Interest (ie, receive a job offer, gain a new qualification, lose my job, leave my partner etc)?
Advise NZIS if your circumstances change, or if the information you supplied in your Expression of Interest changes. Failure to do so could result in your application being declined or your visa/permit being revoked.

I have an Invitation to Apply for residence - what do I have to do to lodge an application? Do I have to resubmit all my details?
If invited to apply for residence you will need to provide documentation to support the claims made in your Expression of Interest. This is likely to include:
· Passport/s (for all applicants, if available)
· Birth certificate/s (for all applicants)
· Marriage certificate (if applicable) or other evidence of a relationship with your spouse or partner
· Custody documentation (for any children, where applicable)
· Police certificates for all applicants aged 17 and over from your country of citizenship and each country you have resided in for 12 months or more over the last 10 years. Lodged certificates must be no more than six months old
· Medical and X-ray Certificates (for all applicants, which are no more than three months old when lodged)
· Evidence of English language ability (for all applicants aged 16 and over)
· Evidence of a recognised qualification (for you and/or your partner, if applicable)
· Evidence of skilled work experience (for you, if applicable)
· Evidence of a skilled job offer or current skilled employment in New Zealand (for you and/or your partner, if applicable)
· Other documentation as specified by the NZIS in your Invitation to Apply.

You will also need to tell us if your circumstances have changed since your Expression of Interest was selected, if that change of circumstances may affect your application for residence in any way.

I'm not sure if this answers your question or not ....

I don't think you would lose any points as I don't think you get any for actually being currently employed in the uk....as long as you have enough work experience to get the points....could be wrong though....and I don't think it would affect your application but.......

My advice, for what its worth, would be to contact your CO and let them know your position just in case it does affect your application....

be a shame to get your visa and have it whipped back off you!!!

Caroline
Thanks for this Caroline,
I'm hoping to put my ITA in before I take my redundancy, so I'll probably mention it in a covering letter. I also can't imagine this would jeapordise the application. I mean we're all going to have to leave our jobs anyway aren't we!!
Mark