British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Chances for getting NZ Resident Visa!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/chances-getting-nz-resident-visa-765037/)

sam_79 Jul 15th 2012 9:40 am

Chances for getting NZ Resident Visa!!

Hi Guys,

I wonder what are my chances of getting NZ Resident Visa, as I am currently in the process of submitting a new EOI??

I claimed bonus points for having a job in Absolute Skills Shortage List, and bonus points for Partner's qualification.
Me and my partner now can look at 145 as total points of EOI , but without job offer.
I am aware of the three outcomes of any residence application which are : 1. NZ Resident 2. Job Search Visa 3. Application decline
However, my question is that" is it necessary to have a job offer to be approved for NZ Resident Class Visa"?
Note: I was granted a NZ Job search Visa 1 year ago, but it is expired now, because I got married that time and I was not able to go to NZ to search for a job. I decided now to lodge a new EOI including my Partner.

Appreciate any feedback :) and best of luck to all applicants over here:fingerscrossed:

BEVS Jul 16th 2012 1:13 am

Re: Chances for getting NZ Resident Visa!!

It is not necessary to have a job offer to be approved for PR. A job offer does strengthen the application though.

With 145 points it will be an automatic pull from the pool.

sam_79 Jul 16th 2012 9:32 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10174276)
It is not necessary to have a job offer to be approved for PR. A job offer does strengthen the application though.

With 145 points it will be an automatic pull from the pool.

Thank you BEVS for your usual support :) Luckily 145 will be an automatic pull form the pool. Hopefully our application with all claimed points will be approved for Residency instead of Job Search Visa.

BEVS Jul 16th 2012 11:06 pm

What's the occupation ? If it is on the Long Term Shortage list , there would be no need for a job search visa as it is already determined there is a shortage of employees for said occupation.

sam_79 Jul 17th 2012 5:33 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10176186)
What's the occupation ? If it is on the Long Term Shortage list , there would be no need for a job search visa as it is already determined there is a shortage of employees for said occupation.

Hi BEVS,

My current occupation is an Oracle Database Developer, which is one of the Long Term Shortage List (Developer Programmer (261312)). Also I worked in previous roles as an IT Support and as an IT Trainer/Technical Support (both can be claimed as "ICT Customer Support Officer (Technical advice and Consultancy) (313112)" from the LTSSL.
Total experience working in the above mentioned roles is 8 years.

sam_79 Jul 22nd 2012 6:14 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10176186)

Hi BEVS,

So you mean that NZIS can approve Residence Visa if they are fully satisfied that my occupation is in the LTSSL? As I highlighted on my post here, I was granted a Job Search Visa 1 year ago with deferred Residency status (WTR Visa), until I demonstrate that I am able to work in NZ with a valid Job Offer from NZ Employer. My claim was also based on Bonus points for having job in the LTSSL . Do you think that NZIS decided to approve a Job Search Visa that time because of my less years of experience (4 years)? or may be because I was single that time ?:lol: Or is it due to the Economic climate ?
Appreciate any comments...

Sam