British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Certified Copy? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/certified-copy-623236/)

Celticknight Jul 31st 2009 9:48 pm

Certified Copy?

Hi All,

just finishing off NZQA paperwork submission. The question is who does the Certifing of the copies of my passport and Marriage certificate that I am sending with my origianal Qualification Certificate?

Thanks.........

Ian.

MnB Jul 31st 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Certified Copy?

Originally Posted by Celticknight (Post 7802638)
Hi All,

just finishing off NZQA paperwork submission. The question is who does the Certifing of the copies of my passport and Marriage certificate that I am sending with my origianal Qualification Certificate?

Thanks.........

Ian.

Hi there, not sure about NZQA submission but for NZIS stuff has to be a JP, Notary or solicitor. Enquired the other day and solicitor handling our house sale charges £10 to certify copy of passport.
HTH
B x

Numptyhead Jul 31st 2009 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 7802689)
Hi there, not sure about NZQA submission but for NZIS stuff has to be a JP, Notary or solicitor. Enquired the other day and solicitor handling our house sale charges £10 to certify copy of passport.
HTH
B x

Hi Ian

As the lovely MnB says...contact a solicitors office. The receptionist at my local solicitors provides this service. All she does is photocopies the document or in my case, numerous documents. Stamps the photocopies and signs that it is a genuine copy. It does not have to be a legal person persay. She doesn't charge anything. If she has to call a legal person down to legally witness something, they charge £5.

MnB...ring around cos you shouldn't have to pay a tenner for it. Or better still when you have all your docs together come down to Truro, we can drop them all in to nice receptionist who is adamant she does not need to charge....we can do lunch.....then pick them up....sorted......'sweet as' :rofl:
I've got to do the final paperwork copies on Mon or Tues for the ITA....I'm going to take her in a box of chocs, cos its so refreshing not to be robbed

MnB Aug 1st 2009 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Numptyhead (Post 7802711)
Hi Ian

As the lovely MnB says...contact a solicitors office. The receptionist at my local solicitors provides this service. All she does is photocopies the document or in my case, numerous documents. Stamps the photocopies and signs that it is a genuine copy. It does not have to be a legal person persay. She doesn't charge anything. If she has to call a legal person down to legally witness something, they charge £5.

MnB...ring around cos you shouldn't have to pay a tenner for it. Or better still when you have all your docs together come down to Truro, we can drop them all in to nice receptionist who is adamant she does not need to charge....we can do lunch.....then pick them up....sorted......'sweet as' :rofl:
I've got to do the final paperwork copies on Mon or Tues for the ITA....I'm going to take her in a box of chocs, cos its so refreshing not to be robbed

Thanks for info Maria ...will def phone around locally and if no luck may see you in Truro!!
lol B x

xxElainexx Aug 1st 2009 2:53 pm

Hi Ian

Hi

Thanks for that information...l was going to put thread up on forum asking the questions about whom we get to do this...(if we get that far that is fingers crossed) and the cost of it all.....you've been a great help, again thank you..

Stoof Aug 2nd 2009 7:46 am

Hi Ian

i rang round the local solicitors.... quotes ranged from an astronomical £75 (which included a 'bulk discount!!') to £10 if i did the copies for them (17 in total).... as it turned out they did 22 copies for £10 :) def worth ringing round!

BEVS Aug 2nd 2009 8:12 am

It is wise and pays to ring around for the cheapest. We did ours ,in the end, with a local Notary . Ten quid for loads of copies. You can also try a local magistrate or circuit judge. . Sometimes they can do these for free. but you need to fit in with their times.

Celticknight Aug 4th 2009 4:13 pm

Hi All,

Managed to get to see Solicitor that I had used in past, 2 signatures/stamped and £10 later, paperwork posted off to NZQA.

So its waiting time now for assessment.

Ian.

Numptyhead Aug 4th 2009 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Celticknight (Post 7812219)
Hi All,

Managed to get to see Solicitor that I had used in past, 2 signatures/stamped and £10 later, paperwork posted off to NZQA.

So its waiting time now for assessment.

Ian.

Thats fab Ian, well done. i was hoping to get ours in this week but whilst going through it yet again.....discovered I had overlooked something.....OH's decree absolute...which he had chucked away, It has just cost us £40 for a copy because he doesn't know the case number...:sneaky:

All the best with your application:fingerscrossed:

xxElainexx Aug 5th 2009 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Numptyhead (Post 7812377)
Thats fab Ian, well done. i was hoping to get ours in this week but whilst going through it yet again.....discovered I had overlooked something.....OH's decree absolute...which he had chucked away, It has just cost us £40 for a copy because he doesn't know the case number...:sneaky:

All the best with your application:fingerscrossed:

Decree absolute do we need those,? not got as far as you guys yet and already wondering what other bits of paper we are going to need....