Case Manager Allocation

Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

luck007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Case Manager Allocation

Dear all,

am newbie and this is the best web portal i have seen people exchanging their views and getting benefit without spending a single penny. Indeed appreciate ALL all MODERATORS and contributors.

was wondering about my permanent residency application filed under Wellington branch under Skilled Migrant category. Here below is the status:-

--------
EOI Submission- 25/01/12
EOI Selected- 15/02/12
ITA Received- 27/02/12
ITA Submitted- 15/05/12
Lodgement Date Appeared (logging in on immigration website)- 16/05/12
Letter Received- 24/05/12 (with original documents)

A few words in Letter- "Your application will be allocated to a Case Officer within 16 weeks. An application normally takes 9-12 months to process."
--------

I was just wondering if it really takes 9-12 months for a decision...

Also what is the tentative time period going on for case manager allotment for Wellington branch?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

James Baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Manager Allocation

purely based on your info provided I am assuming you are applying within the family category as this category has such timelines for approval. this is becuase they have such a high number of applications and relatively low quota of places. My parents were in a queue for three years befire they got approved.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

All case officers are allocated according to the type of visa you have applied for and if you have a job offer or not. If you have a job offer, you will be allocated a case officer immediately, if not depending upon which visa you are applying for will determine the length of time before you get one.

If your letter states that length of time, unfortunately it probably will take that long.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Thanks James and Ellen..

@James- No, no family category. I am bachelor and still happy. No family migration/category. It is an individual skilled migrant application.

@Ellen- Have Job Offer, Total Points were- 160. Current work Visa valid upto Jan-2014.

.... Did I miss any other information?

Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:14 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may have been sent the wrong letter, our ITA turned up already with a case officer assigned by name....
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks Simonsi-
My letter indictaes- "Following documents are required...."
But there is nothing mentioned. I think that is only the template and because no other document is required thats why nothing mentioned over there.

I rang Immigration call centre and they said- 'Your application has been lodged on 16/05 which means all documents are appropriate at the moment but case manager has not been allocated.'

one of my friends got similar letter (one and half months after submissing ITA) with lodgement and Case Manager name.

UPDATE- Rang them on friday and they said we asked for your police certificate from NZ police and received on 29/05. I asked them that it was not initiated by me and in reply they said immigration internally asks police certificate from NZ police.

Not sure what's happening...
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by luck007

UPDATE- Rang them on friday and they said we asked for your police certificate from NZ police and received on 29/05. I asked them that it was not initiated by me and in reply they said immigration internally asks police certificate from NZ police.
This is normal procedure if you are already in New Zealand.

May I also just say that time-lines are on a case by case basis.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:30 am
`

Originally Posted by James Baker
purely based on your info provided I am assuming you are applying within the family category as this category has such timelines for approval. this is becuase they have such a high number of applications and relatively low quota of places. My parents were in a queue for three years befire they got approved.
You have caught my eye. What made you assume this .

You mention your parents. Please expand. Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
You have caught my eye. What made you assume this .

You mention your parents. Please expand. Thanks
Hi Bevs- I assumed that purley because the timelines for SMC are much faster than 9-12 months normally (it is three months max for london branch) so I assumed the category applied for must have been a family category as I myslef looked into that category because my parents and adult sibling (sister) all now live in NZ and this is how long they say it takes before even a case officer is assigned for that category. I am surprised to hear it is SMC, but if that is how long it takes if you lodge in NZ I am glad I will be lodging from the UK!!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 9:59 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bevs- I assumed that purley because the timelines for SMC are much faster than 9-12 months normally (it is three months max for london branch) so I assumed the category applied for must have been a family category as I myslef looked into that category because my parents and adult sibling (sister) all now live in NZ and this is how long they say it takes before even a case officer is assigned for that category. I am surprised to hear it is SMC, but if that is how long it takes if you lodge in NZ I am glad I will be lodging from the UK!!
I'm going to be teacher. Please don't assume and please read the question first
Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:19 am
Just Joined

BEVS- Thanks for your expert comments. Appreciate.
I have mentioned in first few lines that residency visa applied is under Skilled Migrant Category and not related to family.
I didn't mention parents anywhere. Somebody said in reply that I have filed under Family Category which I said I didn't.

Hope this clarifies.

@Jamesh- Your last line was interested though...

Thanks for all your replies. Hope for the best
Old Jun 12th 2012, 2:58 am
`

Hi Bevs- I assumed ....
Oh dear. It was clear from the opening post that luck007 was applying under the SMC category.

Actual time frames are based on a wee bit more than just where an application is lodged. It is a case by case basis.

I've just seen another of your posts which was very mis-leading . Whilst all help is thankfully received here on NZ BE, please do take a care when replying to others in the Immy section. It's also best to double check with the official NZIS website.

Cheers.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
I'm going to be teacher. Please don't assume and please read the question
yes you are quite right, good luck with being a teacher, you seem to have the right personality for it

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 12th 2012 at 6:51 am. Reason: edit the quotes.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 6:54 am
`

yes you are quite right, good luck with being a teacher, you seem to have the right personality for it
Persephone is a vet & also on the ball with the NZ Immy stuff from what I read.
The same can't be said about you . Maybe homework should be set.

Please remember that there are real people on the other end of the queries posted.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 10:21 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear. Read it again, I didn't say 'I'm going to be a teacher'

If that was somehow meant to be an insult then I'll give you 'F' for both effort and execution...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.