Carpenters

Old Jul 28th 2007, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Yorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant future
Default Carpenters

For anyone who is interested there are so many vacancies for Carpenters. Having been here only a week so far I found the local newspaper in Wanaka to have 11 vacancies for Carpenters and 6 for Joiners.

Spoke to a shopfitter in Queenstown while on day trip and he said they are after 300 people for the new developments that are being constructed around that part of the region.

Loads of work!!!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:13 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice
Default Re: Carpenters

Yippee thats good news for us hope its the same in Nelson
Hows the snowboarding out there,hows it compare to the european resorts.
Where abouts in yorkshire are you from,where from Leeds
Good luck Brian and Tracey
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

So where are the Snow resorts? love a bit of Snowboarding, one of the resons for looking at NZ tbh.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 8:24 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

North Island:

Whakapapa in the Central North Island is the main one.

South Island:

...off the top of my head I can think of Porter Heights, My Hutt, Cardrona, erm...heaps of 'em around Queenstown. There are a few small family own skifields here and there. No shortage of areas to ski, it all depends if the weather gods cooperate.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

SNOW CO NZ gives a fair few of the ski fields. Nearest one to us in Nelson is Rainbow. A couple of hours away.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Carpenters

Hi there im in Nelson there seems to be heaps of building work going on Always adds in the paper.
Have a look here
www.trademe.co.nz
Click on jobs
Then the area etc etc good luck!
Cheers
Cally
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:33 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorksha
For anyone who is interested there are so many vacancies for Carpenters. Having been here only a week so far I found the local newspaper in Wanaka to have 11 vacancies for Carpenters and 6 for Joiners.

Spoke to a shopfitter in Queenstown while on day trip and he said they are after 300 people for the new developments that are being constructed around that part of the region.

Loads of work!!!
Great news Yorksha - told ya you'd have no worries! Good luck out here, and enjoy the snow, if you actually have some!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Yorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant future

The instructor course at Cardrona has been pretty intense but enjoyable. Having ridden at SnowPark on my freestyle days I can't imagine anywhere better in the world. Believe me I've boarded in many places. This place is amazing!!! Keep bumping into so many Brits and Pro riders here aswell. Only downside to these resorts is you defo need transport!!!

Gonna sort out the work thing after the course as I've decided to head up to ChCh so if anyone knows any places to stay either Backpackers,rooms to let or flatmates required then I'd be grateful if you PM me and I can pass on my details.

Can now understand the issues with Alu windows, condensation, electric heaters, tin roof's etc,etc,etc

Thanks again all for your posts!!!!

Heath

Heal: I'm from Sheffield
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:35 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Gonna sort out the work thing after the course as I've decided to head up to ChCh so if anyone knows any places to stay either Backpackers,rooms to let or flatmates required then I'd be grateful if you PM me and I can pass on my details.
There are notices in a few restaurants along Chancery Lane (Chancery Lane runs between the City Library and the Square) that often advertise rooms for NZ$85 a week or thereabouts.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:03 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

The instructor course at Cardrona has been pretty intense but enjoyable. Having ridden at SnowPark on my freestyle days I can't imagine anywhere better in the world. Believe me I've boarded in many places. This place is amazing!!! Keep bumping into so many Brits and Pro riders here aswell. Only downside to these resorts is you defo need transport!!!

Can now understand the issues with Alu windows, condensation, electric heaters, tin roof's etc,etc,etc

Thanks again all for your posts!!!!

Heath

Heal: I'm from Sheffield

Hi Yorksha

My friend went to Christchurch on a course a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the YMCA. She said it was great, really clean, cheap & central ( next to Hagley Park)

http://www.ymcachch.org.nz/accommodation/

HTH
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:40 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hi Yorksha

My friend went to Christchurch on a course a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the YMCA. She said it was great, really clean, cheap & central ( next to Hagley Park)

http://www.ymcachch.org.nz/accommodation/

HTH
I second the YMCA as a start, and there are LOADS of flat shares going on here - just go on Trademe or visit the hostels as the boards are full of ads.

Regarding work, drop me a line asap and I'll hook you up.

All the best,

Wiz
Old Aug 6th 2007, 12:09 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Originally Posted by happynz
North Island:

Whakapapa in the Central North Island is the main one.
err no because there is also Turoa along with couple of club fields.

Funny enough Whakapapa or Turoa maybe looking for a carpenter but given most of the maintainance staff have recently bailed to the South Island there is a reason why no one wants the job

Funny thing it was because of that bloody Volcanoe and Turoa Ski area I ended up living out here Now if your going for a blast in the snow on Ruapehu give us a yell might have to give you a guided tour of my backyard.

Recommend staying at National Park Hotel @$30 per night
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Smile Re: Carpenters

Loads of work!!!
Must show this to hubby!!

That's great to know, especially as most of the vacancies don't seem to be advertised!!

How are you getting on??