Can't find it!!!!!!

Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold
Talking Can't find it!!!!!!

I am trying to find some info for my sister and her family. They are interested in coming over on the skilled migrant cat, but I can't find out about the job offer! Which is mad as its all I have done for the last few years! I think I am just completely brain fazed!!!!!

Can someone tell me... If he gets a job offer that's not on a special list, will that count? We didn't have to worry as ours was the ltssl....

And will the points be the same?

Sorry guys, you probably think I have gone bonkers!!!!.....

Cheers

Anna
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:05 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't find it!!!!!!

Have you had a look on NZIS website ? Info might have changed although probably not for LTSS but I could be wrong.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 8:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by crumpy10
Can someone tell me... If he gets a job offer that's not on a special list, will that count? We didn't have to worry as ours was the ltssl....
And will the points be the same?
Sorry guys, you probably think I have gone bonkers!!!!.....
Cheers
Anna
Gone bonkers? You went through the immy process. We all end up bonkers.

I assume that your sister or her OH are in a skilled occupation. That is , one which appears on the NZIS skilled occupation list.
Also, that they have the wuals and the work experience to go with it.

If the skilled occupation is not in shortage here, so doesn't appear on the LTSSL or the ITSSL then any NZ employer making a job offer will need to prove that there is no NZ resident or citizen who could take up that work UNLESS that employer is an NZIS accredited employer - in which case the employer is free to offer the job to an overseas person.

Yes. The points indicator is relevant however there would be no bonus points for the occupation being in shortage.

Come back to me with any questions Anna.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

Cheers you two! I have got hold of the booklet from immi, and am reading thought it now!

Mine field.....

Anna
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
If the skilled occupation is not in shortage here, so doesn't appear on the LTSSL or the ITSSL then any NZ employer making a job offer will need to prove that there is no NZ resident or citizen who could take up that work UNLESS that employer is an NZIS accredited employer - in which case the employer is free to offer the job to an overseas person..
Um Bevs - are you sure? Now i could well be wrong in my thoughts but i'm not sure that what you are saying for the SMC visa is correct. I thought that provided your job is on the skilled occupation list as you say and you have the relevant experience as per ANZSCO website for that job AND your job offer - all is good.

My employer is accredited BUT I only had to provide that information on my WTR visa where it was directly related to the Talent - Accredited Employer stream - i made no mention of it on my SMC visa application - or had to prove that no kiwi could do the job.

As I say - I could be wrong - but I have a friend who is a hairdresser, was working for the same employer on her Working Holiday Visa, then applied for SMC resident visa - the employer is definitely not accredited and i'm pretty sure that they didn't have to prove there was no suitable kiwi.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Can't find it!!!!!!

I also asked this lady at the immi office. She gave me the EOI info on paper. And she didn't mention the accredited employer....

She just said for my BIL to play around with the EOI and that with a job offer that would be good... She said that if he had enough points to get 100 then a job offer would seal it....

But I could also be talking complete twaddle!!!!!! Thought I was confused with our application let alone trying to help my sister!

Anna
Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:41 am
`

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
Um Bevs - are you sure?

Yes ! I am sure.
I will repeat.

If the occupation is not in shortage here AND the employer is not accredited THEN that NZ employer has to show there is no NZ citizen or resident that could take up that job. There is a form for them to complete along with the proof.
It is called 'approval in principle'.

The NZ employer will show proof of training, advertising etc. There would be a labour market test.

Please. Do go look for yourself.

HERE

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 20th 2012 at 10:16 am.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry Bevs - I'm still not sure about that. Please don't be patronising by saying "you will repeat". I have politely and respectfully said to you and the OP that I think your response is incorrect - only because I am trying to give helpful advice not berate you.

The information you have quoted is under information for employers:
Visa options for employing migrants
Then - Is the job temporary or seasonal?

and then goes on with

New Zealand’s temporary and seasonal visa categories are designed to enable employers to access the skills they need to fill gaps in their workforce, yet ensure that New Zealanders seeking employment are not disadvantaged.

In most cases, the candidate will need a job offer before applying for a work visa, though some migrants already hold an ‘open’ work visa to work for any employer.

Have you tried to recruit New Zealanders for a short-term position, but been unable to find a suitably qualified or experienced candidate? Is it a job for which you can't readily train someone?

If you are in this situation there are various options to consider. Working through this page will help you find the right options for your business.

The OP has not asked about temporary and seasonal visa categories - they have asked about a Skilled Migrant Catagory Visa.

If you refer to the section on immi under Work and live in New Zealand permanently and the Skilled Migrant Catagory - it doesn't refer to this at all. you do not have to follow this process. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...nt/default.htm
Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:40 am
`

Crike. It's been a while since I've really had time to look in here. Look at all the threads and the dates.

Nope. Was not meant to be patronising at all. Was in a hurry & that is when it can all sound a bit blunt. Probably feeling a bit short around the edges given when this was. So, sorries for that. No one likes someone giving it all & not listening.
I've simply a bit on me plate right now & a huge lot a few weeks ago. Life gets like that sometime. Thank goodness for Sherlock.

Yup ! You iz most likely right. So. A gold leaf edged, leather bound copy of the NZ Immigration Operations Manual for you plus a shiny, pointy badge of honour & a years subscription to all updates.

and

42 years in the corner for me ,wearing the dunces cap with a capital D.

Keep reading the manual We don't get enough input into here sometimes. It all helps.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 3:47 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration is a nightmare. Here's why.

The people who build and design cars don't have to work on them later.

The people who design forms never have to fill them in.

The people who write immigration laws never have to interpret them.

Baaaaarstewards!
Old Dec 11th 2012, 4:00 am
`

Thanks Sherlock but I was just shit.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Can't find it!!!!!!

Bevs! It happens sometimes! We all have shit days...
Don't worry about it. If anything it makes you look even harder to make sure either your right or wrong. And when we get it wrong... Oh boy

Chill out mate. And relax!

Anna
Old Dec 11th 2012, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Bevs - no worries bro!
Appreciate you taking the time to respond now and say that - did wonder what was going on there but tis all good!
Hope things have got a bit better for you.