British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Can you save us £20? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/can-you-save-us-%C2%A320-543263/)

hosebergine Jun 16th 2008 10:40 am

Can you save us £20?

Can we call the Auckland NZIS number from the UK to help answer EOI queries? Calling the UK number costs a bundle.

We have a free overseas calls tariff which we thought we might use plus it means lovely husband can call NZIS out of working hours and avoid suspicion at work

nic.gem.soph Jun 16th 2008 12:00 pm

Re: Can you save us £20?

Originally Posted by hosebergine (Post 6471222)
Can we call the Auckland NZIS number from the UK to help answer EOI queries? Calling the UK number costs a bundle.

We have a free overseas calls tariff which we thought we might use plus it means lovely husband can call NZIS out of working hours and avoid suspicion at work

If you're just asking for advice before it's selected and allocated to case officer then I certainly have, I also spoke to the singapore office at one stage coz I got redirected, much cheaper than ringing 090... I have the same package... :)

Nic

hosebergine Jun 16th 2008 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph (Post 6471418)
If you're just asking for advice before it's selected and allocated to case officer then I certainly have, I also spoke to the singapore office at one stage coz I got redirected, much cheaper than ringing 090... I have the same package... :)

Nic

Thanks Nic, you've made me a happy girl!!

P2L Jun 16th 2008 9:59 pm

We used their email service for free, which usually got us a reply within 48 hours :thumbsup:

If you have a case officer, they should give you a direct dial number :sneaky:

NakiMan Jun 17th 2008 4:53 am

Hi

You could try calling the NZIS national helpdesk on +64 9 914 4100

Hope this helps

Mike

hosebergine Jun 17th 2008 7:22 am

Thanks everyone for your help. We called the +64 9 914 4100 number last night and they were fantastically helpful. We'll wait a see what happens to the phone bill but hopefully it will be included in our free overseas calls tariff.

Now we just need to finish that EOI form! Can't believe it says on the website that it will take 2 1/2 hours ............

nic.gem.soph Jun 17th 2008 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 6472899)
We used their email service for free, which usually got us a reply within 48 hours :thumbsup::sneaky:

How did you find their e-mail address? what is it? Looked on website and could only find phone number.... help :unsure:

nic