Can you choose your location?

Old May 6th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

viv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura about
Default Can you choose your location?

Does anyone know once you are processed through the ITA stage can you choose where you go e.g. Auckland ...or do they restrict you to specific areas that they consider need your skill or have lower unemployment or a lower population? Australia told us we could only go to certain areas...does NZ do the same???? We are applying for a skilled migrant visa by the way incase that makes a difference!
Thanks Viv
Old May 6th 2009, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can you choose your location?

Originally Posted by viv jones
Does anyone know once you are processed through the ITA stage can you choose where you go e.g. Auckland ...or do they restrict you to specific areas that they consider need your skill or have lower unemployment or a lower population? Australia told us we could only go to certain areas...does NZ do the same???? We are applying for a skilled migrant visa by the way incase that makes a difference!
Thanks Viv
Hi,

You can choose where you go. I think if you have a job offer outside of Auckland you can get more points for certain occupations at the Eoi stage. Please correct me if this is wrong!
Old May 6th 2009, 10:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Can you choose your location?

Originally Posted by Jo-Chris
Hi,

You can choose where you go. I think if you have a job offer outside of Auckland you can get more points for certain occupations at the Eoi stage. Please correct me if this is wrong!
This is correct.

You can certainly choose where you wish to settle if you apply , with enough points, and without a job offer.

If you apply with a job offer, then you would be tied to that job for three months after you enter NZ.

The skilled migrant visa works on points. The more points the better. 140 points is an automatic selection from the pool.

where there is a job offer involved you gain a few bonus points for the job offer being outside of Auckland.