Can you ask for Update

Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice
Default Can you ask for Update

Hey,

My Residency app is with Immigration and due to the fact I am in NZ and working, I thought I might have heard something (Been Two Months)

Can I e-mails my case officer and ask for update or should I just let it run it course?

Thanks,

Scottish N
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice
Default Re: Can you ask for Update

We have e.mailed our case worker a few times and she appears not to object to us doing this for updates, although she has said when she hears anything or has made a decision she will e.mail us anyway but feel free to e.mail anytime. So in reply to your post go for it, you have nothing to loose.
Good luck
Steve and Dee
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

You can ask for updates but these are the kind of responses I've been getting. I've been working in NZ for 22 months. Been five months now since I applied and I was told would be completed in six - now looks like it's nine:

Hi,

The application is under processing. Standard processing time is up to 9 months.

Regards,

Hi,

The standard time frame for processing application is around 9 months. I hope your application could be finalised earlier. However, at this stage, I am not in a position to give a more accurate time frame.

Regards,

Worth giving a go though as depends if you have a good case officer or not I think. (It appears I maybe haven't)......
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke with ours directly as we had our ITA stolen! She sounded very stern, all matter-of-factly, and was not impressed when I asked for another ITA as we hadn't received ours, but she did tell us how the process was going when I asked.

Go for it, it can't hurt

Good Luck too x
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

That's pretty depressing to hear it takes so long. My residence application has been in at the Welington branch for 3 weeks and I am already checking my immigration.govt.nz account every day
I did ring to check they had received an extra document I sent in after the first application, but think I dealt with the smae stern woman you mentioned
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

rusty100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishnomad
Hey,

My Residency app is with Immigration and due to the fact I am in NZ and working, I thought I might have heard something (Been Two Months)

Can I e-mails my case officer and ask for update or should I just let it run it course?

Thanks,

Scottish N
Hi,

If it's any consolation, I've just tried to get an update from the London branch on my migration application (at £1 a minute)and it has to be said that ,when I eventually got through to a human being, they were no help at all. They just told me that it can take up to seven months at the moment after the application is lodged.
We all know they don't have to give anyone a visa, and we're all desperate to go there, but a little bit of consideration for applicants wouldn't hurt - we are all paying handsomely for the privilege of jumping through their endless hoops after all.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

scottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nicescottishnomad is just really nice

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I spoke with ours directly as we had our ITA stolen! She sounded very stern, all matter-of-factly, and was not impressed when I asked for another ITA as we hadn't received ours, but she did tell us how the process was going when I asked.

Go for it, it can't hurt

Good Luck too x
I'm with the Wellington Branch as well, been in for 2 months now. I e-mailed my CO and was given the standard 6-9 month reply. Assume that is what they have to say.

2 months before work visa experies so fingers crossed it will be done before then so I dont have to renew.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

After a month of submitting my ITO Ihave no case officer yet and have made a couple of thinly veiled attempts at striking up some kind of rapport with ..anyone... in the hope that it might trigger some action. It hasn't worked and any questions have been met with the standard 6-9 months line. They clearly don't want to get dragged into any communication.

It's horrible waiting, even at this early stage, when it is clear that there is nothing you can do to speed up the process.
With Heinz sauce (or perhaps Watties) I wish I had just gone for residence application in the first place from the UK rather than the one year visa we opted for which seemed like a good option at the time.