British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Can you apply (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/can-you-apply-767354/)

NZ4Now Aug 6th 2012 2:39 am

Can you apply

for your Citizenship from the UK?

BEVS Aug 6th 2012 2:58 am

Re: Can you apply

Yes.

Originally Posted by NZ dept of internal affairs
Can I apply from overseas?
  • Yes. However, applicants are expected to meet the residency requirements outlined in the application guide.

NZ4Now Aug 6th 2012 3:13 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10212171)
Yes.

Thanks will check link out again couldn't see it on there :(Thanks tho :thumbsup:

scrubbedexpat094 Aug 6th 2012 5:09 am

Would you have to go for your Citizenship ceremony at NZ house in London G or would you have to come back to NZ for it ???? Just wondering.

Just reading the application form, I hadn't really thought about it before but I've just realised I can represent NZ at sport.

Bring on the 2016 Olympics. I'm going into training, my event either the egg & spoon race or the 100yard pancake tossing event :lol:

NZ4Now Aug 6th 2012 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 10212281)
Would you have to go for your Citizenship ceremony at NZ house in London G or would you have to come back to NZ for it ???? Just wondering.

Just reading the application form, I hadn't really thought about it before but I've just realised I can represent NZ at sport.

Bring on the 2016 Olympics. I'm going into training, my event either the egg & spoon race or the 100yard pancake tossing event :lol:

A long trip back for 5 seconds of glory :)

Oooh egg and spoon those were the days!

BEVS Aug 6th 2012 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 10212281)
adn't really thought about it before but I've just realised I can represent NZ at sport.

So can I my lovely :beer: :beer:

You can't be given NZ citizenship from remote as far as I know.

G ( yes I do remember you ) needs to meet the requirements . They may apply from outside of NZ but then the application approval could be delayed until they have returned and shown commitment as per NZ residency requirements.

NZ4Now Aug 6th 2012 7:07 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10212348)
So can I my lovely :beer: :beer:

You can't be given NZ citizenship from remote as far as I know.

G ( yes I do remember you ) needs to meet the requirements . They may apply from outside of NZ but then the application approval could be delayed until they have returned and shown commitment as per NZ residency requirements.

Many thanks for the info Bevs much appreciated :)

BEVS Aug 6th 2012 7:57 am

Oh. I am sure.