Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

CAN WE CHANGE A TALENT VISA WORK TO RESIDENCE TO NORMAL WORKING VISA?

CAN WE CHANGE A TALENT VISA WORK TO RESIDENCE TO NORMAL WORKING VISA?

Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Superwoman x 5 will become famous soon enoughSuperwoman x 5 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up CAN WE CHANGE A TALENT VISA WORK TO RESIDENCE TO NORMAL WORKING VISA?

HELP!! WHAT A PANIC THIS WEEK JUST HAD WORD MY HUSBANDS FACTORY WILL BE SHUTTING DOWN IN FEB 2009!!
HE IS ON A 2 YR WORK TO RESIDENCE TALENT VISA . CAN ENYONE TELL ME IS WE WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE TO NORMAL WORKING VISA? WE HAVE HAD A FEW JOB INTERVIEWS JUST NOW AND LOOKING GOOD TO GET ANOTHER JOB.
I HAVE JUST STARTED TO SETTLE INTO THIS LOVELY NZ LIFE AND NO WAY AM I GOING BACK TO SCOTLAND!!
I WOULD RATHER LIVE IN A CARAVAN IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE...LOL
WE HAVE BEEN HERE ONLY 3 MONTHS AND CANT BELIEVE THIS HAS HAPPENED THATS CUT BACKS FOR YOU!!
GOT TO KEEP MY POSITIVE HEAD ON....ITS HARD WITH 4 KIDS... WE HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP WITH OUT A FIGHT!!

ANYONE HELP WITH INFO ETC MUCH APPRECATED.

THANKS JULIE
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAN WE CHANGE A TALENT VISA WORK TO RESIDENCE TO NORMAL WORKING VISA?

Originally Posted by Superwoman x 5 View Post
HELP!! WHAT A PANIC THIS WEEK JUST HAD WORD MY HUSBANDS FACTORY WILL BE SHUTTING DOWN IN FEB 2009!!
HE IS ON A 2 YR WORK TO RESIDENCE TALENT VISA . CAN ENYONE TELL ME IS WE WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE TO NORMAL WORKING VISA? WE HAVE HAD A FEW JOB INTERVIEWS JUST NOW AND LOOKING GOOD TO GET ANOTHER JOB.
I HAVE JUST STARTED TO SETTLE INTO THIS LOVELY NZ LIFE AND NO WAY AM I GOING BACK TO SCOTLAND!!
I WOULD RATHER LIVE IN A CARAVAN IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE...LOL
WE HAVE BEEN HERE ONLY 3 MONTHS AND CANT BELIEVE THIS HAS HAPPENED THATS CUT BACKS FOR YOU!!
GOT TO KEEP MY POSITIVE HEAD ON....ITS HARD WITH 4 KIDS... WE HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP WITH OUT A FIGHT!!

ANYONE HELP WITH INFO ETC MUCH APPRECATED.

THANKS JULIE
So sorry to hear your news but I have been on the immigration website and found this link. It appears that as long as OH finds another job he can apply for another work permit. I know a friend of mine says they are always very helpful on the phone so it might pay to give them a call. Keep your chin up and let us know your progress. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...haschanged.htm