Can someone translate this for me?!

Old Aug 20th 2013, 9:24 am
Just Joined

EmilyCambridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can someone translate this for me?!

Hi All,

Need some help with decoding what things mean on the immigration portal!

Hubby logged on last night and it says "application decision pending" and "medical information processed". I was a bit concerned that my medical might get referred because my HCT blood test was very marginally over the norm (norm is up to 45, i was 45.2, although from what the doc said this is probably a false positive due to dehydration on the hottest day of the year!) Everything else normal and it would be v helpful if I'm not getting referred because I'm finishing work a month today and we're hoping to start our new jobs in Wellington about a week after that..!

Of course the alternative is that "medical information processed" means that they've put a paperclip on it or something and I'm getting excited over nothing!

All I know is that regardless of a clean bill of health before, the stress of leaving two jobs, moving to the other side of the world, setting up from scratch and then promptly starting two news jobs is definitely going to give me some kind of stress-induced heart failure!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 10:35 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone translate this for me?!

I think when ours got referred it stated it had been referred. can't remember what it said when it came back ok - sorry
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks MrsFychan, hopefully it will be a bit clearer soon :-)
Old Aug 20th 2013, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Zuzuspetals is an unknown quantity at this point

Our CO emailed us directly to say the medical was being referred, but it doesn't actually say anything special online apart from "medical received".

I'd say it sounds promising what you have online, but we're not at that stage yet so I don't really know! Sorry, can't help translate!

We're hoping to move about the same time as you...if all comes back ok, we should get feed-back from the referral this week
Old Aug 20th 2013, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info, will keep my fingers crossed and good luck with your stuff too, waiting for the final okay is horrific isn't it!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:03 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

on our application after the CO had "approved in principal" the file went off to another person for a secondary check to make sure that the CO had dotted the i's and ticked the t's and not missed anything, so another 2 weeks after email to say we had been approved in principal before we actually got the approval. I don't see this additional check mentioned very often so not sure if it is done for everyone but just thought I would put it out there
Old Aug 21st 2013, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The additional check is carried out on everyone to make sure there are no problems with the original case officers findings. I think this was introduced after some problems with certain case officers putting people through when they shouldn't have, so this was introduced to combat any problems.

Takes approx. 2 weeks as Mrs F says to double check everything.