Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Can someone explain the immigration process?

Can someone explain the immigration process?

Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice
Default Can someone explain the immigration process?

Hello,

I need someone to kindly explain the immigration process for me. I read the INZS booklets, but there are some points that need clarification:

1 - Assuming I scored more than 140 points in my EOI, am I going to be selected for ITA in the very next selection? (i.e. within 14 days at max) . Or, selection is guranteed, but no one knows when?

2 - Assuming I scored less than 140, but more than 100, there is a chance for selection as far as I know. Question is, can ITA be expected at every fortnighly selection within 6 months? Or, it is possible only at the end of the 6 months?

3 - Assuming I lodged EOI online, and was selected for ITA, are they going to send ITA by e-mail? Or, by regular mail? And how do I file my application after ITA? is there an online application? Can I scan documents (like in Australian immigration)? Or do I have to send documents by mail?

4 - Does INZS require proof of funds?

5 - After receiving an ITA, how much time is given for applicants to respond?

6 - Typical (or average) visa processing time after provding a complete application with supporting documents?

That's all I have. I hope someone can shed some light on the points I mentioned above.

Thanks everyone
Ahmad

Last edited by Ahmadj; Nov 10th 2009 at 9:35 pm. Reason: mis-spelling
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:04 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone explain the immigration process?

Hi there,

Here's a diagram of the process:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ss/diagram.htm

As far as I know there are no selection dates for the ITA, they check your EOI application and verify it and then they decide if they'll invite you to apply. EOI's are drawn every fortnight.

We were selected with 110 but were quite lucky as the last few EOI selections were higher.

You have to send documents by mail.

We haven't been asked to send proof of funds however we were asked to provide bank accounts for proof of relationship.

After receiving your ITA you have 4 months to send it in.

I don't think there is an average time for the whole process, it depends on many things: your qualifications, do you have a job offer (they are processed faster), the branch your application gets sent to makes a difference, lots of factors influence the time frame. I've seen time frames ranging from months to 2 years

Good luck with your EOI

Last edited by Kija; Nov 10th 2009 at 10:06 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 10:26 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone explain the immigration process?

As far as I can remember we did have to show proof of funds by way of bank statements.

All evidence submitted must be originals with certified copies (certified by solicitor/notary/local court).

Your ITA is sent in the post. You return your ITA with all required evidence by post.

You may have to sit an IELTS test to prove English language ability.

Depending on qualifications you may have to have these assessed by NZQA.

The best place to get definitive answers though is the NZ Immigration Website.