Can my daughter sponsor her brother?

Old Jan 12th 2020, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Can my daughter sponsor her brother?

My daughter is both a UK and Australian citizen and has recently moved to New Zealand. We are searching for information as to whether she is able to sponsor her brother who is a Management Accountant to come to New Zealand. He is a UK citizen and lives in Amsterdam with no partner or any other family. We have found conflicting information on some agents sites, which says she can, others say he would need a job offer, but we can find no information or any such visa on the Immigration website. I know the parent visa was recently suspended and will be introduced again in February and was wondering if the same has happened to a visa for a sibling.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can my daughter sponsor her brother?

No she cannot.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 6:34 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

As escape says, no she cannot.
He maybe able to apply if he is offered a job, he would need to check out the criteria for accountant to make sure he has the relevant qualifications to up take any job offer
Old Jan 15th 2020, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies. Things must have changed.
Old Jan 15th 2020, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

The sibling and adult child part of the family category was abolished November 2010.
Old Jan 26th 2020, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Just looking at this again, could an Australian citizen sponsor any category for immigration to NZ?
I know sibling category was abolished but (hypothetically) someone could have a parent and a $100k job and be dual UK/OZ citizen living in NZ.
Old Jan 27th 2020, 8:15 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Just looking at this again, could an Australian citizen sponsor any category for immigration to NZ?
I know sibling category was abolished but (hypothetically) someone could have a parent and a $100k job and be dual UK/OZ citizen living in NZ.
it looks like an Australian Citizen can sponsor a parent, not a sibling. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa#conditions

Old Jan 27th 2020, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
it looks like an Australian Citizen can sponsor a parent, not a sibling. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa#conditions
If I am reading this correctly you would need a permanent residence visa which takes two years of continuous residence to qualify.
Then, presumably, as a permanent resident you set out to qualify as a sponsor.
If I am understanding this you can follow a similar track to another country's resident who has qualified for a permanent resident's visa. The bonus of Australian citizenship is that you don't have to have a job offer or anything. You can just move and start residing.
Does this sound right?