Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Can I work for more than 12 mths on a working holiday visa!

Can I work for more than 12 mths on a working holiday visa!

Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

simonmoon99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I work for more than 12 mths on a working holiday visa!

Hey Oh wise ones....

I was wondering.. Ive nearly been with my company for a year now and my working holiday visa says im only allowed to work for no longer than a 12 mth period of my 23 months... So having recently lodged my EOI and waiting on that , I was thinking if anyone knew whether I would have to apply for a work visa whilst waiting for my residency or whether seeing as I went home for 3 months in the middle of the time that i have been there so.. 6 mths here, 3 mths uk, 6 mths here whether that would mean that currently i have only been working a 6mth period....

I have worded that very poorly so I apologise but hopefully someone can work it out.....

Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:23 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I work for more than 12 mths on a working holiday visa!

found this:

What if I want to leave New Zealand for a short period of time and return?
The multiple entry travel conditions on your work visa will allow you to leave and return to New Zealand freely during the period of your initial work visa.

Any time you spend out of New Zealand will not be added to the time your work visa is valid for.

taken from here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../whsonline.htm

I read that as you can not extend the time ?

Also

When you are here you must not take up permanent employment (unless you apply for and are granted an ordinary work visa while you’re here)
you must not work for a period exceeding 12 months
you can enrol in one or more courses of training or study of up to six months’ duration in total during your visit.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...idayscheme.htm

You would need to look at the NZ Immigration timescales for EOI/ITA and see if it is worth looking at getting a temp work visa if you are eligible
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I work for more than 12 mths on a working holiday visa!

You're not meant to work for more than 12 months but by the sounds of it plenty do without any issue.