Can I visit if PR pending?

Old Apr 12th 2011, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

C4udynz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I visit if PR pending?

Did the silly thing of booking flights before getting visa. PR will hopefully come through in about 5weeks, under estimated the time it would take. I asked immigration if we could still go to NZ as we had house booked for 3 weeks and they said that immigration at the airport may refuse entry into the country as PR pending. Does anyone have advice please?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can I visit if PR pending?

s far as I'm aware, after reading other posts, they will let you visit NZ as long as you have return flight tickets booked as well. They wil refuse entry if you don't have return tickets.

Lydia
Old Apr 15th 2011, 3:00 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I visit if PR pending?

I have entered NZ twice as a visitor whilst my PR was pending- long story! I had been granted it but had not paid the migrant levy or got the stickers. I had no problems at immigration, they did not ask to see my return tickets or ask me any questions. However I may have been lucky. When they scan your passport the information that you are applying for a visa may come up, I don't know. I do know that my status on the NZIS website changed from 'application approved' to 'visitor' whilst I was there.

Is this your move to NZ or just a visit? If the latter then you will need and have tickets out of NZ anyway so you will have proof that you plan to leave. If the former then you may be ok or you may not