British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Can I use MSc Computer Science (with prior ACCA) for skilled migration? How? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/can-i-use-msc-computer-science-prior-acca-skilled-migration-how-932192/)

shahid2000 Apr 13th 2020 11:36 am

Can I use MSc Computer Science (with prior ACCA) for skilled migration? How?

Here is my background
I have done ACCA and worked as an auditor then I did MSc Computer Science and I have been working as a software engineer since.
I was hoping to apply under the points based visa. I meet the minimum experience requirement. The question I have is can I use my MSc Computer Science degree to apply for it?
I have been searching for information but finding it very confusing.

I was looking at my profession in the long term list and for qualifications it says the following.

"- A bachelor's degree at NZQF Level 7, or a higher qualification with a minimum equivalent of 360 credits, which includes the requirements of a New Zealand major in one of the following focus areas: Business Information Systems, Computational Intelligence, Computational Modelling, Computer and Electronic Engineering, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Mobile Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Networks, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Database Architecture, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electronics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electronics and Computer Engineering, Electronics and Computer Systems, Electronic Engineering, Information and Communications Technology, Information Management, Information Science, Information Security, Information Systems, Information Technology, Internet Technology, IT Service Science, Multi-Media, Multi-Media and Web Development, Networks, Network and Communication Engineering, Networks and Security, Network Engineering, Programming, Software and Information Technology, Software Development, Software Engineering, Systems Design, Systems Development, or Telecommunications
- A Seoul Accord accredited undergraduate (initial) degree (listed - see Note 3)
- A qualification comparable to NZQF Level 7 or higher, with a letter from IT Professionals New Zealand certifying that the applicant’s degree and any further learning meet the educational requirements towards Chartered IT Professional New Zealand status"

How do I meet NZQF level 7 equivalence? Can someone kindly guide me in the right direction.

LittleGreyCat Apr 14th 2020 8:08 am

Re: Can I use MSc Computer Science (with prior ACCA) for skilled migration? How?

Just reading the quote you posted it looks as though a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is enough.
A Masters Degree is a higher qualification.