Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Can I use ACS skills accessment for New Zealand

Can I use ACS skills accessment for New Zealand

Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

koopmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I use ACS skills accessment for New Zealand

Hi guys,

I did a EOI in New Zealand and said my skills where 262113 (system Administrator)

I have just got a email from the immigration officer saying that my skills don’t count because they are not a SM14.5 Recognition of qualifications???

I thought that ACS skills assessment could be used since it does say it’s for Australia and new Zealand.

Does anyone know?
Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Can I use ACS skills accessment for New Zealand

No. You can't use the ACS assessment as it is for Australia. This is New Zealand.

I get your point about the ANZSCO mentioning both Oz and NZ but that is for the purpose of ensuring comparable standards trans-tasman.

What you need is to show that your degree is comparable with the NZ standard and qualification for this country. Look HERE on the NZIS website. If your university and degree is not eligible to be exempt from NZQA assessment , then you should apply for a PAR or a full NZQA assessment.