Can I get a visa?

Old May 2nd 2013, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Crazy88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I get a visa?

I have scoured the NZ Visa website and completed their wizard and i've been told I can't get a visa...

If anyone has ideas then please let me know my circumstances are...

My Dad's side of the family (entirely) moved to NZ in 1950 (give or take)

Dad came to the UK in 1972 on working holiday met Mum never went home.

His side of the family (those who are left) still live and work in NZ.

Dad never had a NZ passport as back then it wasn't as strict apparently.

In my mind there surely must be some way for me to obtain a visa to live and work in NZ.

I am unskilled in so far that I am a serving Police officer and i quite fancy moving to NZ and giving the Police there a go.

Dad has made sure we all support the All Blacks etc etc... Surely there must be a way to get a visa.

Any advice appreciated.
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:16 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get a visa?

Hello and welcome

The wizard you're talking about-was it here? This is the official NZ immigration site. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/ and will tell you all you need to know about visas.

Does your father have NZ citizenship? Was he born in NZ? It's a little hard to tell from your post You say he came over on a Working Holiday to the UK which I take to mean a WH visa which would have been unnecessary if he was a UK citizen. Unless you mean just a long trip overseas as an OE?

Have you looked here about citizenship? Could you be a NZ citizen by descent?
http://www.dia.govt.nz/New-Zealand-citizenship

Obviously if you are a citizen by descent then this makes things much easier for you Rule this out first and come back to us on the visa possibilities.

JAJ is the man who deals with these sort of questions so hopefully he'll pop by
Old May 5th 2013, 5:37 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Good day!

From what I understand, the NZ police had previously done a recruitment drive in the UK a few years back, but the current requirements state you have to be a citizen or permanent resident. Which does not make things easy for you.

If you are 30 or under you can apply for a WHV

If you are 35 or under you can apply for a BUNAC visa

Both are temporary working visa, but will at least let you come over and (perhaps) find something that will lead to immigration.

Also check out the police working by profession branch on BE

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79
Old May 17th 2013, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

I know it's not nz but might be of some use?
Western Australia police are internationally recruiting, apparently they will taking above the upper service limit stated.
http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/ent...rnational.html

Please spread the word