British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   can I edit the submitted EOI which has not been selected (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/can-i-edit-submitted-eoi-has-not-been-selected-757451/)

mehpk May 7th 2012 6:17 pm

can I edit the submitted EOI which has not been selected

Hi,

I have submitted the EOI, but I have to edit it as some of my old employer contact details have changed, like contact person, telephone numbers. I need to know can I edit the submitted EOI which has not been selected yet. And will this edit cause any bad impact on my EOI selection / processing.

Thanks in advance.

MrsFychan May 7th 2012 7:40 pm

Re: can I edit the submitted EOI which has not been selected

my husband edited his. He got a job offer after submitting so edited to include those details and upped his points. So I'm guessing the answer is Yes :)

simonsi May 8th 2012 1:46 am

Yes you can, make sure (you will be warned by the website), that you submit it again as editing it removes it from the draw. You will also need to enter a reason for the edit.

BEVS May 8th 2012 3:39 am

Yes. You can edit.
No. It has no bearing on selection process

danil_krg May 8th 2012 6:14 am

Is it required to pay additional money after re-submitting corrected EOI?

hmlamie May 9th 2012 10:13 am

I've tried many time to modify but i can't, i don't think after selection you can edit the EOI. I have a question what they are doing during the validation? and roughly speaking, how long it takes until the status changed? Does any body faced rejection before and why?

a-team12 May 9th 2012 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10046614)
my husband edited his. He got a job offer after submitting so edited to include those details and upped his points. So I'm guessing the answer is Yes :)

I am just about to submit my EOI, but I have a couple of questions!

1. I don't have a job offer at present and only have 105 points. I have applied for a job. If I get the job and then resubmit the EOI (with higher points) - I won't have to pay again, will I?

2. Regarding the questions about my partner's family members on the EOI (I am the principle applicant). Do I state their relationship to him (e.g. sister) or relationship to me (e.g. sister-in-law). It says 'Relationship to you' so I'm assuming that means me, but just needed to check!

:)

hmlamie May 9th 2012 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by a-team12 (Post 10050138)
I am just about to submit my EOI, but I have a couple of questions!

1. I don't have a job offer at present and only have 105 points. I have applied for a job. If I get the job and then resubmit the EOI (with higher points) - I won't have to pay again, will I?

2. Regarding the questions about my partner's family members on the EOI (I am the principle applicant). Do I state their relationship to him (e.g. sister) or relationship to me (e.g. sister-in-law). It says 'Relationship to you' so I'm assuming that means me, but just needed to check!

:)

1) Sure you will not pay again, but if your EOI has been selected in that case you will not be able to update anything.
2) From what i know, you should state the relationship to your husband not to you

MrsFychan May 9th 2012 8:22 pm

sorry to say but I don't think there is any point you submitting an EOI with only 105 points as you are highly unlikely to get pulled within the 6mths so would have to submit again at added cost. If you have applied for a job wait to hear from them and if you get it submit with the added points.

look at this thread it highlights the last point selection from the pool. this gives you an idea on what sort of points you need to be looking at obtaining
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755517

simonsi May 10th 2012 12:32 am

Originally Posted by a-team12 (Post 10050138)
It says 'Relationship to you'

All phrased as the principle applicant so relationship to you, as it says.

hmlamie May 10th 2012 4:10 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10051506)
All phrased as the principle applicant so relationship to you, as it says.

I don't think so, as in the application when you fill the part of the dependents they mentioned clearly the relationship to the spouse not to you.

simonsi May 13th 2012 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by hmlamie (Post 10051809)
I don't think so, as in the application when you fill the part of the dependents they mentioned clearly the relationship to the spouse not to you.

No it does not, the EOI form clearly states "Relationship to you". As the form is completed by the Principle Applicant that means all family member relationships are the relationship to the Principle Applicant.

hmlamie May 14th 2012 7:06 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10058148)
No it does not, the EOI form clearly states "Relationship to you". As the form is completed by the Principle Applicant that means all family member relationships are the relationship to the Principle Applicant.

What i did when i submitted three weeks ago that i put the relationship to my dependents, as it is obvious that my wife's father is my father-in-law. I think from what i read in the introduction from this part that the relationship is to my wife not to me.
There is a question for that. do you have a value in the list of values called " Brother-in-law". if yes may be you are right, if no it means that they want the relation to my wife not to me. and from my point of view they should consider both of meaning.

simonsi May 14th 2012 9:26 am

Originally Posted by hmlamie (Post 10058809)
What i did when i submitted three weeks ago that i put the relationship to my dependents, as it is obvious that my wife's father is my father-in-law. I think from what i read in the introduction from this part that the relationship is to my wife not to me.
There is a question for that. do you have a value in the list of values called " Brother-in-law". if yes may be you are right, if no it means that they want the relation to my wife not to me. and from my point of view they should consider both of meaning.

Dude, the form is clear, it should be completed by the Principle Applicant and the question is "Relationship to you" - that is exactly what it says. The whole section has questions starting "Do you..."

So your wife's father should be listed as "father-in-law".

By "obvious" I take it you have listed two people as "father" and expect NZIS to work out the one without your surname is your wife's father? Why make it complicated for the NZIS case officer when you can clearly state their relationship to you - for it is the relationship to you that will be of interest if you/they want to submit any application for them in the future based upon your application you are making now.

You need to read the immigration forms and answer the questions they actually ask, not what you think they ask. By all means come on here and ask for guidance, that is what the forum is for.

hmlamie May 14th 2012 10:34 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10059034)
Dude, the form is clear, it should be completed by the Principle Applicant and the question is "Relationship to you" - that is exactly what it says. The whole section has questions starting "Do you..."

So your wife's father should be listed as "father-in-law".

By "obvious" I take it you have listed two people as "father" and expect NZIS to work out the one without your surname is your wife's father? Why make it complicated for the NZIS case officer when you can clearly state their relationship to you - for it is the relationship to you that will be of interest if you/they want to submit any application for them in the future based upon your application you are making now.

You need to read the immigration forms and answer the questions they actually ask, not what you think they ask. By all means come on here and ask for guidance, that is what the forum is for.

So if we consider this is a mistake, does it affect my application acceptance?