Can I apply ? Please help and advice

Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Question Can I apply ? Please help and advice

Hi
I am new in BE NZ forum as I am usually involved in Australian immigration,
But today had a look at this forum and thought it might be a good idea to move to NZ

1- My university (both Bsc and Msc in middle east) are shown in List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment So I think I do not need any assessment. Please correct me if I am wrong
2- I am 32 and single. I am a civil engineer with 6 years of experience in middle east . Am I awarded any points for exp in middle east?
3- If I score 100, and no job offer and no relative in NZ, is there any chance of obtaining NZ PR?
4- I have taken IELTS and obtained 7,7,7,6.5,7
5- Is it wise to apply ?
Regards

Last edited by QLDlover; Oct 15th 2010 at 5:12 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can I apply ? Please help and advice

Originally Posted by r_1159
Hi
But today had a look at this forum and thought it might be a good idea to move to NZ

1- My university (both Bsc and Msc in middle east) are shown in List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment So I think I do not need any assessment. Please correct me if I am wrong
2- I am 32 and single. I am a civil engineer with 6 years of experience in middle east . Am I awarded any points for exp in middle east?
3- If I score 100, and no job offer and no relative in NZ, is there any chance of obtaining NZ PR?
5- Is it wise to apply ?
Regards
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=690314

This will Answer most of your Qs.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:04 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
Hi there !,

Thanks for your reply on the other thread.. Whats unclear is, your spouse had 2 degrees - 16 years education.. and so do you.. both have 16 year education. What about 14 year education (2 year degree ?)..

Also, how many points did you get ?

Thanks again for your help, I will be in touch..

Cheers,

TAA
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by foha2012
Hi there !,

Thanks for your reply on the other thread.. Whats unclear is, your spouse had 2 degrees - 16 years education.. and so do you.. both have 16 year education. What about 14 year education (2 year degree ?)..

Also, how many points did you get ?

Thanks again for your help, I will be in touch..

Cheers,

TAA
They Access our Master Degree (16 years) as their Bachlor Degree. I had

14 Years Regular BA
1 Year PGD
2 Years MCS

Got Level 7 on Register

My spouse has

14 years Regular BSc.
1.5 Years BEd (3 Semesters)

Got Level 5

My personal thinking is that they will calculate B.Com as Level 4 on Register

You need to check NZQA Website in details.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:22 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to check if your occupation is a Long Term Skills Shortage one. Confirm if it's exempt in the latest list.

For your age, check the points.
For your occupation you get Level 7 - you get 50 points and MSc will give you about 55 points if assessed. So you can only claim one of them.

Your work experience is pretty good if its 6 years for an Absolute skills Shortage Job like ICT Professional in ANZSCO code. Your IELTS is good too.

I think you would have a better chance of being selected than even myself and should get about 115-120 points IMO. You can ONLY confirm this with an NZ Immigration Agent. Best for you to talk to someone from NZ Imaginne who are good enough to calculate your points. Immigration agents are generally not very good and poor (IMO) from the ones I encountered, but the Imaginne one is probably the best bet to work out points spending NZ 250.

Make sure your work experience is 30 hours per week minimum to call it 6 years exactly. You can also do a preliminary test of your level of qualification by NZQA (NZ Qualifications Authority).

Hope this helps. But if your Job is on the skills shortage and a needed one, I fancy your chances. Be sure to get advice though as the EOI costs around 400NZ and will increase.

Originally Posted by r_1159
Hi

5- Is it wise to apply ?
Regards