Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

can apply for jobs during visa application (last step)?

can apply for jobs during visa application (last step)?

Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Ahmed_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can apply for jobs during visa application (last step)?

Hi All,

I am going to apply for visa application (last step) and i am thinking to start apply for job from now. is this possible and wise ? does new zealand offer any place where i can submit my resume so the employer get know that my visa application in progress and i may arrive in next few months ? like i heard that Austraila offer this facilty.

anyone has an idea that how much approx visa application take time ? i am applying PR and NZQA is done.

Thanks
Ahmed
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: can apply for jobs during visa application (last step)?

Hi,

No one has any idea ? positive reply will be appreciated.

i am in the process of PR.

Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can apply for jobs whilst your application is being processed. If you manage to gain a job offer you need to contact NZIS and inform them of the offer so that they can speed up your application. When you say you are at the last step do you mean that you have received and sent back an ITA?

I'm not sure what you mean by letting the employer know that an application is in process. Would you not just write that in your covering letter along with your CV. Does Australia have some way that employers can check that an application has been sent in, is that what you mean? As far as I know NZ does not offer this.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks Persephone,

I received ITA and preparing to sent back.

Yes Aus has database and offer applicatns to put your resume when case lodge in DIAC so the employers can pick you from que, it isn't like a normal job sites basically it is a special repository for this purpose.

looks like NZ doens't have such repository.

Thanks