Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

can applications be approved within a month?

can applications be approved within a month?

Old May 13th 2012, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

James Baker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can applications be approved within a month?

My partner and I have submitted an EOI which we believe will be selected automatically next week as we have 145 points and we should subsequently receive an ITA a few weeks after selection. What we are unsure of is how long the application process takes once we submit with our evidence. The website says 3-6 months but does anyone have experience of a shorter timeline than 3 months?
Old May 13th 2012, 6:46 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can applications be approved within a month?

Depends if you have a job offer, EOIs with job offers get priority for obvious reasons which is why timelines for those without can get pushed out...
Old May 13th 2012, 7:52 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

husband had a job offer and it still took 3mths to get first approval and then another 2 weeks for the final checks then nearly 10days for the blueys into our passports. the 10 ten delay was done to moving the application once secondary approval from UK to Wellington, as we had already moved over, and the fact they put the wrong visa in the passports initially so had to go back and get them cancelled and the correct ones in. We moved over as husband, once he got offered the job applied for a works visa to enable him to start work straight away. that was issued through the Wellington office within a few hours

See my Timeline - with husband having a job offer and already working in NZ on a working visa

Last edited by MrsFychan; May 13th 2012 at 9:22 pm.
Old May 13th 2012, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Baker
My partner and I have submitted an EOI which we believe will be selected automatically next week as we have 145 points and we should subsequently receive an ITA a few weeks after selection. What we are unsure of is how long the application process takes once we submit with our evidence. The website says 3-6 months but does anyone have experience of a shorter timeline than 3 months?
See our timeline below. This was with a job offer.
Old May 14th 2012, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

James Baker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that, I guess the most important thing is to provide eveythijg exactly as they require it. Hopefully our timeline will be nice and swift like yours!
Old May 18th 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

rangioran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by James Baker
OK, so it was eleven years ago but - I hand delivered my application to NZ House in London on the Friday. I'd phoned first and booked an appointment and went over it with the staff member before leaving it to be sure all questions were anwered correctly. My visa arrive the following week!
Not sure if you can still do that but, my advice would be - don't leave things to luck and chance, pursue it with vigour!

Good luck!