calculation age for holiday working visa

Old Sep 20th 2013, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

brianlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default calculation age for holiday working visa

Hi there.

I am planning to apply HWV to come to NZ to take an chance to get a job and settle down.

However, I would like to take advantage my current job first to get more experience before moving to NZ.

I have a question as following " I was born in 02 Dec 1985, so if I wait more 2 years to apply HWV ( expect applying before Dec 2015- eg at 02 Feb 2015- so at that time I was 29 years, 2 moths old) .

So at that time, will I still be eligible to apply WHV as they require "not more than 30 years old" ??

Any answers are highly appreciated.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calculation age for holiday working visa

You have to be no more than 30 when you apply, so that could in theory be just before your 31st Birthday. You then have 12 months to enter the country so again, in theory, you could be nearly 32 before you arrive.

In my case I applied in February 2011 when I was 30 years, 10 months old. My birthday is in April. Although I arrived in April 2011 I could have entered up to February 2012.

One thing to note though is you should apply for the 2 year visa straight off if you are at the upper age limit when you apply. If you only have the one year but have turned 31 by the time you try to extend for the second year they wont let you extend. I was caught out by this!

Well worth taking the chance though fella. I did the same and landed a job that's given me residency which was granted in June last year.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 9:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by brianlee
So at that time, will I still be eligible to apply WHV as they require "not more than 30 years old" ??
Yes.
Old Sep 21st 2013, 10:37 am
Just Joined

brianlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you guys a lot ! I and my wife have been dreaming about life in NZ quite long n hopefully I can land a job n finally a residence