British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Calculate my points help please. Engineer. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/calculate-my-points-help-please-engineer-835746/)

sadaf123 May 15th 2014 4:44 am

Calculate my points help please. Engineer.

I have 6 years work experience....my question is
1)how can you claim points for work experience ? Do you have to show some prove?
2) I am masters , so to apply for PAR he only needs to get assesment for masters degree and pay only one fee?
3)to claim points for qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage you need to have exact qualifications?I m masters in construction management & bachelors in urban engineering.... in list there is bachelors of construction management no masters & also no urban engineer...

please guide me

thanx

Persephone May 15th 2014 5:26 pm

Re: Confused About my Points

Originally Posted by sadaf123 (Post 11261102)
I have 6 years work experience....my question is
1)how can you claim points for work experience ? Do you have to show some prove?
2) I am masters , so to apply for PAR he only needs to get assesment for masters degree and pay only one fee?
3)to claim points for qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage you need to have exact qualifications?I m masters in construction management & bachelors in urban engineering.... in list there is bachelors of construction management no masters & also no urban engineer...

please guide me

thanx

Welcome!

You do have to show proof of work experience. Some examples of documents that will be required: contract of employment, letters confirming an offer, payslips, reference from your employer and anything else you can think of that proves you worked there.

To claim points for a qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage you need the EXACT equivalent mentioned on the LTSSL. A higher qualification is not acceptable. This applies to any points awarded for work exp. in an area of skills shortage as well.
Was your work exp in a comparable labour market? If you do not have a job offer then this applies:

We may award points for work experience in countries that are not 'comparable labour markets', but only if you were working:
-for a multinational commercial entity domiciled in one of these listed countries, or
-in an area of absolute skill shortage.
So you may need to get your bachelors assessed as equivalent to a qualification on the LTSSL if you wish to claim the above points. You can claim 60 points for having a higher degree anyway and use the bachelors to claim the above points:)

sadaf123 Jun 3rd 2014 6:04 am

Re: LTSSL Point assessment takes much longer time

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11198555)
you only have a set amount of time to submit the ITA back to the office are you still in that time frame?

If you are but the time is limited I would say get the rest of the paperwork in so you are at least in the queue to get a Case officer and in the system or you may miss the chance to submit and have to start all over again.
As for the claiming the bonus points do you actually require it for the application to be successful?

I want to know if we can claim ltssl points in 2 ways?

If you have exact qualification as on the list in column 4 , or job experience is that right ?

How do you provide evidence please?

The thing is my husband is bachelors in urban engineering and masters in construction management. His occupation would be project builder and he has 6 years experience in it but on column 4 it has "bachelor of construction management" not masters. So can I claim points in Ltssl - please?

sadaf123 Jun 3rd 2014 6:20 am

Calculate my points help please. Engineer.

Originally Posted by polashsust (Post 11218986)
Thank you!!

My husband experience is of 6 years in construction in pakistan.but companies were not multinational.can he claim points on the basis of work experience letter from that company.
secondly how can u claim points for work experience in ltssl?there is just occupation written in list n not further details.my husband occupation is project builder.

FriendForEver Jun 3rd 2014 8:09 am

Re: calculate my points help needed

Originally Posted by sadaf123 (Post 11286213)
My husband experience is of 6 years in construction in pakistan.but companies were not multinational.can he claim points on the basis of work experience letter from that company.
secondly how can u claim points for work experience in ltssl?there is just occupation written in list n not further details.my husband occupation is project builder.

Hi Sadaf,

If his occupation "Project Builder" in the LTSSL and he qualify according to the description mentioned in Col 3 & 4 of LTSSL in front of his occupation for qualification and experience then he can claim points for experience.

If he has been working in Pakistan then he must be on LTSSL to claim experience points because Pakistan is not in comparable labour market.

sadaf123 Jun 4th 2014 4:42 am

He is a civil engineer degree accredited by washington accord.he can claim points in that way.in occupation there is anzco written with code of civil engineer.wat does anzco do?do i need some verification if i m claiming points for it

sadaf123 Jun 4th 2014 12:41 pm

foreign degree verification through nzqa or Anzsco

My husband is claiming points for civil engineer in ltssl list which is an occupation on the anzsco listing.

But we are getting our degree verified from nzqa (PAR). so is this right or we do we have to get degree verified from anzsco - please?

BEVS Jun 6th 2014 1:44 am

Re: foreign degree verification through nzqa or Anzsco

From NZQA.

BEVS Jun 6th 2014 1:50 am

Originally Posted by sadaf123 (Post 11287457)
What does anzco do?

Quote from the ANZSCO website.
What is ANZSCO?

The Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) is a classification system that provides for the standardised collection, analysis, and dissemination of occupation data. It was developed jointly by the following organisations for use in the collection, publication and analysis of occupation statistics:
  • the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)
  • Statistics New Zealand
  • the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
ANZSCO replaces the former Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO), which was previously used by the department. ANZSCO provides a more accurate reflection of current occupations within the Australian and New Zealand labour markets than the former ASCO standard.

Originally Posted by sadaf123
Do I need some verification if I am claiming points ?

Depends where you gained your degree. If not automatically recognised by NZIS then you will need it assessed by NZQA.

sadaf123 Aug 9th 2014 9:27 am

Re: Calculate my points help please. Engineer.

please guide my husband in this

I am masters in construction management and bachelors of urban engineering. I am claiming points for area of absolute skill shortage and my occupation in LTSSL is project builder (133112) .

Now i am applying for IQA .It is stated that if you are need to have exact qualification for LTSSL so i am applying for my bachelor degree (level 7) to be assessed .so i can gets points for absolute skill shortage.
Since i am masters so i am claiming points for qualification (level 9).Nw for getting points for qualification ( level 9) what should i do? Another IQA for masters degree? Or through PAR?

secondly i am also claiming points for my wife qualification .she is engineer

so my wife needs PAR or IQA?

Persephone Aug 11th 2014 1:03 pm

A PAR is enough for the EOI to be submitted however you will need an IQA for every qualification you are claiming points for when it comes to returning your ITA later on.
That means your wife's qualification [highest one only, no point claiming for more as it doesn't increase your points total] plus your higher degree plus your degree that allows you to claim points for being in the LTSSL.

FriendForEver Aug 12th 2014 4:40 am

I wasted money on PAR, They never gives accurate description and Level in PAR, as mine BA+PGD+MCS were given Level 5+6+7 accordingly in PAR but IQA come up with Level 6+7+8 accordingly. Similarly my wife's BSc+Bed was Level 5+6 in PAR but IQA came with Level 6+7. If his qualification is not listed on Exemption list and you are sure about your points in EOI, I would suggest to directly apply for IQA.

Now i am applying for IQA .It is stated that if you are need to have exact qualification for LTSSL so i am applying for my bachelor degree (level 7) to be assessed .so i can gets points for absolute skill shortage.
Since i am masters so i am claiming points for qualification (level 9).Nw for getting points for qualification ( level 9) what should i do? Another IQA for masters degree? Or through PAR?
my all three qualifications were listed in one IQA Report they mentioned list of all qualifications with their Level and description in the same IQA Report.

BA Level (6) + Description
PGD Level (7) + Description
MCS Level(8) + Description

secondly i am also claiming points for my wife qualification .she is engineer

so my wife needs PAR or IQA?
If you are claiming points for your wife's Recognised qualification and her qualification is not on exemption list then you will required full NZQA assessment (IQA) for her qualification.

I hope this will help.

sadaf123 Aug 17th 2014 11:19 am

Thanx. We are going for iqa first.we also thought par is wastage of money