calculate my points help needed

Old Apr 10th 2014, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

polashsust is an unknown quantity at this point
Default calculate my points help needed

Hi Friends,

Kindly help me to count the points for below information:
Occupation: "Software Engineer (261313)" in LTSSL. Long Term Skill Shortage List Requirements: Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Computer Engineering).Bonus point requirements: Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Computer Engineering)
My qualification: M. Sc in Computer science and engineering, Bachelor also same subject.

So Education: 60 points
my Age =25 points
Experience: 25 points, 8+ years [7 years in Bangladesh (3.5 yrs local and 3.5 years’ Multinational company)+ 1 year in Germany still]
Work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage: 15
Spouse partner qualifications NZ Levels 8: 20 points [Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Computer science & Engineering)]
----------------------------------------------------
Total: 145 points
Do I get points for the below items:
-------------------------------------------
My experience in comparable labour market (1 year in Germany and still continuing and 3.5 years in Bangladesh but Denmark based company)
My point’s calculation is okay? Please someone help.

Thanks
Polash
Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:12 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: calculate my points help needed

I do not believe you can claim for the local work in Bangladesh as it does not appear on the comparable labour market.

I also believe if your qualifications where not taken at a recognised establishment you would need to get this assessed.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:38 am
Just Joined

thanks for your response. confused about qualification Pre-assessment Result (PAR), which degree i will mentioned? my Occupation: "Software Engineer (261313)" in LTSSL and the requirements is Bachelor of Engineering with Honours but i have Masters of Engineering also. i got some information from blog that over qualifications sometimes rejected, is it true? please response.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:44 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

it has to be the exact qualification on the list, no other will do even if it is a higher qualification
Old Apr 11th 2014, 10:07 am
Just Joined

thanks again. now i will go for PAR assessment and Do you think my points calculation is okay? thanks in advance.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 5:03 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

To add to MrsF's advice.
The work in Bangladesh WILL count as long as it was in an area of absolute skills shortage-this is one of the exceptions to the comparable labour market rules. So you must have the exact qualification mentioned on the LTSSL for this to be counted.
If your Masters is not on the list of recognised qualifications and you want the extra 10 points for a qual then this will need assessing also.
I take it you have checked the list of recognised qualifications for both of them?

Your points total looks ok from what you've said.

One other thing, your partner's qualification needs to be either on the above list or will also need assessing if you want to gain points for it. Also his/her English must be at the same standard as the principal candidate in order to claim points. You may have to sit IELTS.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for point out some issues. My work experiences in Bangladesh is same as mentioned in LTSSL. (Programmer 3.5 years, Web Developers 3.5 years and Software Engineer (Germany) 1 year).

me and my wife both need a PAR assessment/ International Qualifications Assessment. Which one will be good for us PAR or IQA?

My partner qualification also same as me except masters. and we are both previous study medium of instruction was English, is it okay to avoid IELTS exam? or we must have to sit?
Thanks.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

PAR is just wastage of time and money as it had no legal value. It is just for a rough idea. In my case my PAR was at Level 7 but my IQA said Level 8 for my MCS.

You must have to have your IQA Report before you submit your SMC Application after successful selection. So why not directly go for IQA.

Although a certificate from your institution stating that the medium of instruction is English fulfill the language requirements but still your case officer can ask for IELTS certificate with score 6.5
Old Apr 13th 2014, 9:37 am
Just Joined

thanks for nice explanation. so IQA have to do for both me and my wife?

so medium of instruction is not reliable .
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by polashsust
thanks for nice explanation. so IQA have to do for both me and my wife?

so medium of instruction is not reliable .
Yes If you are claiming point for your wife then her qualification also required to be Assessed.

You can take chance with Medium of Instruction certificate, If case officer required then you can go for IELTS at that time.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Thank you!!