Business Visa?

Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Business Visa?

my husband, myself and three children are hoping to emigrate later this year through the EOI/PR route, but due to immigration not sweeping that low at the moment we are considering other options. (would have 130 points, but no job offer and no skills shortage points).

I ran my own business for over 7 years so we could get in on a business visa?

Interested to hear from anyone who has gone this route, particularly any pros and cons, and did you get PR after the 3 years or were you able to get it sooner say via your OH job.

Would I (being the business owner previously) have to be the main applicant on the visa or could my husband do it (looking at businesses he could run rather than me) which would leave me free to get job. But dont know if that would be allowed.

Any info would be great

Last edited by ellenarosemary; Apr 19th 2010 at 9:54 am. Reason: missed a bit
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Green Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really niceGreen Fruit is just really nice
Default Re: Business Visa?

Regarding your application, a breakdown of the business visa requirements is available here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i6381.htm. Alternatively, you may be able to try this:http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../jobsearch.htm.

I hope this helps.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks re the silver fern option, unfortunately over 35, but will look at the other link.

Regards
Old May 2nd 2010, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Has no one gone to NZ on a business visa who looks at this forum? any help info would be greatly appreciated
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

flibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really nice

We have recently been granted a business visa and plan to arrive in Christchurch early September. Ours seemed (relatively) straightforward though I've since heard that they are not easy to obtain
I would say that your best option would be to provide a business plan based on your experience of running a successful business in the same industry in the UK. Full accounts for the last 3 years of trading would be required to support your application
I would suggest that you would need to be the principal applicant for the best chance of a successful outcome. Your husband would then be able to work but you must work exclusively in your own business and according to your business plan (assuming it's identical to our T & C's)
You also need to show that you have sufficient finances to support the period of your visa. These funds must be held in NZDs. Hope that helps

Good luck
Old May 3rd 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

What type of business are you going to do in NZ and what sort are/did you do here?
Old May 3rd 2010, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

flibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really niceflibberty gibbet is just really nice

Not sure it matters what type of business, just that you can demonstrate by your record that you are an entrepeneur with a proven track record