British partner

Old Sep 6th 2016, 1:14 am
Just Joined

stillalways is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British partner

Hi all
Dont really know where to turn for the info im requiring,so hoping someone can help me please.
To cut a very long story short im a nz citizen of 19 years,my soul mate is in england. Circumstances have not permitted us to be together until now. I want to marry her & spend the rest of our lives together. If she came over on visitors visa & we got married,could she stay???
I cant leave nz as i have young children.
Any assistance would be so appreciated
Thanks x
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:07 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British partner

You have to prove that you have an ongoing shared life for a minimum of 12mths, so no getting her over on a visitors visa and marrying won't afford her the ability to stay any longer than her visitors visa allows. she would have to show on outbound ticket or they will not even let her board the plane.
Do you/she provide/share financial bills ? Have you holidayed to together so can provide a joint bill, social event pictures?, or anything similar?
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Hi
We could only provide family/friends testimonies about our long term connection,and old communications between us are still available.
Do u know if she could live here with me for that year as proof of our commitment on any of the existing visas.
Thankyou x
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:37 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

does she have a skill that is required in NZ
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
does she have a skill that is required in NZ
No! all seems pretty bleak. I thought if we married....??
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by stillalways
No! all seems pretty bleak. I thought if we married....??
married with kids does not even qualify. You have to show that your life/relationship is genuine and shared. Or they will be having everyone getting married to a kiwi, getting visa's and then divorcing.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:49 am

how old is she?
does she have funds to support herself if she came over? if under 30 then she could apply for a working holiday visa. but she would have to prove funds as required that could get her here to start to share your life for the 12months minimum.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 3:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
how old is she?
does she have funds to support herself if she came over? if under 30 then she could apply for a working holiday visa. but she would have to prove funds as required that could get her here to start to share your life for the 12months minimum.
Shes 47,her sister & family are here and i would support her & her sister no doubt. What could we apply under,what would be our best option do you know?? We are so legitimate, and so need to be together.
Appreciate your help x
Old Sep 6th 2016, 4:10 am

yeh afraid sister also won't help get her in.
your only option is the partnership visa but as I said comes with the criteria of proof of a shared life for a minimum of 12mths.
Personally I would call or pop into your local Immigration Office and speak to someone there.
Check out the partnership visa requirements.

"Partnership
If your partner is already in New Zealand, or you and your partner are applying for a visa to come to New Zealand together, you may be eligible for a visa based on your partnership.

Immigration New Zealand defines partnership as two people of the opposite or same sex, who live together in a genuine and stable relationship in any of the following:

a legal marriage
a civil union
a de facto relationship.
When you apply for a visa based on your partnership with a New Zealand visa holder or New Zealand citizen, we call that person your supporting partner.

You and your supporting partner must:

be aged 18 or over, or if they're aged 16 or 17 years, have the consent of their parents or guardians
have met each other before applying for a visa based on your partnership
not be close relatives.
Partnership requirements

You must be able to show us that you're living together in a genuine and stable realationship before we can grant you a visa based on your partnership.

Living together means sharing the same home as your partner, which doesn’t include:

spending time in each other’s homes while you each maintaining your own home
sharing accommodation while on holiday
flatmate arrangements.
Assessing partnership

When we assess if you meet our partnership requirements, we'll look at things like:

how long you’ve been together
how long you've been living together as a couple
your living arrangements
whether you support each other financially
how you share financial responsibilites
how committed you are to a life together
whether you own property together and/or share your property
any children you have together, including your arrangements for their care
whether you share common household tasks
whether other person recognise of your relationship.
Evidence of partnership

You and your partner must provide enough evidence to show us that you're living together in a genuine and stable relationship.

Your evidence will be more credible if it's from official sources. For example, a joint tenancy agreement showing the date that you and your partner started renting a property together is better than your friend writing us a letter to tell us how long you've been living together.

You don’t have to provide all of the documents listed as examples, but the more evidence you provide, the easier it will be for us to make a decision about your application.

Examples
Evidence to show us you're in a genuine and stable relationship can include:

marriage or civil union certificates
birth certificates for any children you share
cards, letters, emails and social media conversations
photos together
evidence that others recognise your relationship
evidence you make decisions and plans together
evidence you parent together
evidence you spend leisure time together
a joint rental agreement or home loan
mail addressed to you together at the same place and time
joint bank accounts
evidence you own assets together
joint credit cards or hire purchase agreements
joint utilities accounts, like power or phone bills.
Time spent living apart

If you and your partner have spent time living apart, you should provide information about your separation, including:

the reasons you were living apart
how long you were living apart
how you kept in touch while apart.
We'll use any evidence you provide about your separation to assess its effect on your partnership."

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...on/partnership
Old Sep 6th 2016, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your help and time. Think thats my only option.
Kind regards
Old Sep 6th 2016, 5:02 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What does she do for a living please?

It could be that she found work here in New Zealand somehow and was given a work visa for that.

From there you could then look to the partnership visa.

Not sure why you would support her sister.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
What does she do for a living please?

It could be that she found work here in New Zealand somehow and was given a work visa for that.

From there you could then look to the partnership visa.

Not sure why you would support her sister.
Hi Bevs
Nothing of any importance here sadly. No her sister and family live here too.

Kind regards
Tracey
Old Sep 6th 2016, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

There is such a thing as a temporary partner visa. A friend of mine 'met' her partner on the internet. He came over on a visitor visa, once they'd decided to make it work, he applied for a partner visa, so was given a temporary one, and got his PR a few years back.

Another friend came over as part of an arranged marriage, so she applied from overseas, and was given a temporary visa which she then converted. They're pretty open minded at Immigration, maybe contact them directly?
Old Sep 6th 2016, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by janiejones
There is such a thing as a temporary partner visa. A friend of mine 'met' her partner on the internet. He came over on a visitor visa, once they'd decided to make it work, he applied for a partner visa, so was given a temporary one, and got his PR a few years back.

Another friend came over as part of an arranged marriage, so she applied from overseas, and was given a temporary visa which she then converted. They're pretty open minded at Immigration, maybe contact them directly?
Hi janiejones,so uplifting to read your reply thankyou.
Yes i emailed them yesterday,so fingers crossed.
Thanks again, x
Old Sep 7th 2016, 12:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stillalways
Hi janiejones,so uplifting to read your reply thankyou.
Yes i emailed them yesterday,so fingers crossed.
Thanks again, x
Did they apply for temp. partner visa whilst in nz do u know please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.