British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   British Asian -90cm or 102 waist (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/british-asian-90cm-102-waist-761099/)

Hussaa Jun 8th 2012 7:27 pm

British Asian -90cm or 102 waist

Hi,

I have been looking to book my medicals and have read that if the waist is greater than 102cm then additional tests are needed but I have also read that for Asians/Indians this is 90cm

I'm British born but as my parents were born in Pakistan i am not sure which one I will measured against.

I'm 6 ft 2 and of a medium/large build and will only just meet the 102 requirement, but I haven't been 90cm since my early twenties and won't get there without some liposuction.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

scrubbedexpat094 Jun 9th 2012 1:38 am

Re: British Asian -90cm or 102 waist

Originally Posted by Hussaa (Post 10108405)
Hi,

I have been looking to book my medicals and have read that if the waist is greater than 102cm then additional tests are needed but I have also read that for Asians/Indians this is 90cm

I'm British born but as my parents were born in Pakistan i am not sure which one I will measured against.

I'm 6 ft 2 and of a medium/large build and will only just meet the 102 requirement, but I haven't been 90cm since my early twenties and won't get there without some liposuction.

Thanks

Sit-ups?????

Caz8NZ Jun 9th 2012 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Hussaa (Post 10108405)
Hi,

Thanks

i wouldn't worry too much. this is what they deem to be healthy for that ethnic type. I think you probably have to put your ethnicity down so they will take that into account.

So for me, my waist is larger than 102, I also smoke and am overweight. They requested I had further blood tests and an ECG to rule out hypertension and diabetes because of the 3 above things combined.

don't stress too much - its just benchmark figures that they go against for what to test for next to check you out.

aiki Jun 12th 2012 4:34 am

This is also confusing for me.
I am east Asian, but I am big and tall as European.
I am in no way smaller than most European.
Being a jujitsu player a couple years back, I had no problem to be on the mat against European.
No idea why INZ makes 2 ethnic categories.