Bright(ish) Spark

Old Apr 7th 2016, 4:36 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Eoin1888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bright(ish) Spark

Hi all, returning to NZ in June to see out the rest of my 2nd year WHV. I shall be applying for a LTSSL work visa when in NZ. As a time served Electrician in the UK I was working as a trade assistant in NZ, just to avoid the monster NZ EWRB registration fees/exams etc and until I figured out what I wanted to do in life! My employer in NZ said they would help me as much as they could if I ever wanted to come back and work for them (must have done something right!?), so an offer of employment shouldnt be a problem. Im trying to do as much as i can in the UK to speed up the process so I am going to send off my qualifications and proof of job experience to the EWRB ASAP, to apply for a limited license. If any expat sparks with any experience of the EWRB application process can give me some guidance it would be much appreciated.

I thought making a thread on my visa process could be valuable to future applicants so why not! If this thread is in the wrong place then please move it
Cheers!
Eoin1888 is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2016, 12:45 am
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
MrsFychan's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
Posts: 8,864
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bright(ish) Spark

Visa application within NZ itself is usually slower than in the UK. What we did, although not an electrician, was started the process in UK, sent all our paperwork off to the UK Case Officer. When we got through the preliminary stage of the CO recommending us for the visa we asked if the application could be forwarded to the NZ Immigration office once the final checks by another person had been passed, Wellington for us, to get the blueys in to the passports. This enable us to be out here with OH being on a Temp work visa and myself and the kids on visitors visas.

have a look at these for EWRB stuff

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...as-how-872497/
http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...-797950/page3/

Last edited by MrsFychan; Apr 10th 2016 at 12:54 am.
MrsFychan is offline  
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:58 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 240
PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bright(ish) Spark

Originally Posted by Eoin1888 View Post
Hi all, returning to NZ in June to see out the rest of my 2nd year WHV. I shall be applying for a LTSSL work visa when in NZ. As a time served Electrician in the UK I was working as a trade assistant in NZ, just to avoid the monster NZ EWRB registration fees/exams etc and until I figured out what I wanted to do in life! My employer in NZ said they would help me as much as they could if I ever wanted to come back and work for them (must have done something right!?), so an offer of employment shouldnt be a problem. Im trying to do as much as i can in the UK to speed up the process so I am going to send off my qualifications and proof of job experience to the EWRB ASAP, to apply for a limited license. If any expat sparks with any experience of the EWRB application process can give me some guidance it would be much appreciated.

I thought making a thread on my visa process could be valuable to future applicants so why not! If this thread is in the wrong place then please move it
Cheers!
You probably already knew this but dont forget WHV only allows 12 months work out of the 23 months visa. Wouldnt want to see anything jepardise any future PR application.
PB65 is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2016, 11:00 am
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2
Eoin1888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bright(ish) Spark

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post
Visa application within NZ itself is usually slower than in the UK. What we did, although not an electrician, was started the process in UK, sent all our paperwork off to the UK Case Officer. When we got through the preliminary stage of the CO recommending us for the visa we asked if the application could be forwarded to the NZ Immigration office once the final checks by another person had been passed, Wellington for us, to get the blueys in to the passports. This enable us to be out here with OH being on a Temp work visa and myself and the kids on visitors visas.

have a look at these for EWRB stuff

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...as-how-872497/
http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...-797950/page3/
Cheers for the links. Do you think 2 months in the UK would be enough time to apply for a visa before flying to NZ?

Originally Posted by PB65 View Post
You probably already knew this but dont forget WHV only allows 12 months work out of the 23 months visa. Wouldnt want to see anything jepardise any future PR application.
All good, I have only worked 9 months in NZ so far.
Eoin1888 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.