Bricklayer - Move wanted to Christchurch

Old Mar 8th 2012, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

stevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nice
Default Bricklayer - Move wanted to Christchurch

Hi, I am a 25 year old qualified bricklayer from North Wales, I have been to Aus on a 1 year WHV and NZ for five months, I am seriously thinking about emmigrating to Christchurch, basically because of the amount of work that is due to commence here and when I was in Christchurch last time I liked the relaxed atmosphere that is in the city. Can anybody please advise me on where to start on how to get a visa please? Thank you.

Steve
Old Mar 8th 2012, 11:37 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bricklayer - Move wanted to Christchurch

Job offer first. Then apply for a work visa.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

stevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nicestevewales25 is just really nice

Do I need a job offer?
Can I not go over on a skilled migrant visa and find work whilist I'm there or do I have to have a job lined up?
Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2012, 9:52 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get enough points you can go the skilled migrant route. Please note that although the minimum is 100 , the picks from the pool are higher than that and those applications with job offers get preference.

Points Indicator.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, thanks for the information.
Iv'e been searching all round the net but I can't seem to find anything, can you give me anywhere that may be able to help me find a job offer??
I'm guessing you've had this question hundreds of times but just incase you know of anything.....

I was also thinking of going on a one year BUNAC visa and hoping to pick some work up out there and then find a job offer?

Steve
Old Mar 12th 2012, 9:45 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

That's not a bad idea I like your thinking. For trade work it is better to have your boots on the ground. Bricklayers are not in shortage here at the moment , so you being here will help you. Also, the employer has to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen for that work unless they are NZIS accredited. You may also find that an NZ employer will think it is a work visa first and then a job offer. It isn't It is the other way around.

Working here in NZ would boost your points towards residency under the SMC.

Trade Me

Seek

edit here......
City Care is an NZIS accredited employer which means they are able to offer overseas people work.

Register your interest HERE .

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 12th 2012 at 9:52 pm.