Border Control and WHV

Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Border Control and WHV

Hi,

When we enter NZ next May on our 12 month WHV's will we be asked for any further identification, in addition to our passports?

On the WHV application we were asked to indicate a second form of identification, and we opted for Drivers Licence. However, the address that is printed on our Drivers Licence are different to the address that is printed on the header of the WHV confirmation letter. Will this cause confusion/problems?

Thanks.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 3:48 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Border Control and WHV

I have never been asked for a second form of ID on entering any country and certainly not NZ. Though they do ask for driving licence no. on the EOI for some reason...
I suspect you'll be fine, and even if they ask then I can't see why the address being different should matter. After all, people move around all the time. It's probably more important that you look vaguely like your passport photo
Old Nov 18th 2014, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, thank you! I'm worrying over silly things, but just don't want to have any issues when we arrive!
Old Nov 18th 2014, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

They were shocked to discover with me I'd not booked ahead accommodation that night on arrival and even more shocked I was carrying a snowboard with me, shock horror! It was the quiet season in Queenstown before winter so no issue at all. They do pull you aside on occasions for longer than normal times such as this but as long as you answer their questions it will all be good
Old Nov 18th 2014, 5:56 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we were not asked for any additional information, I suppose they take it that as you have a valid visa you have been checked out and so legit
Old Nov 18th 2014, 7:31 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karen87 View Post
Ok, thank you! I'm worrying over silly things, but just don't want to have any issues when we arrive!
It's still a leap into the unknown and very easy to worry about things that are not that important. Take that from one who knows!

In the very unlikely chance they ask to see your driving licence and even more unlikely chance they ask why the addresses are different, then tell the truth. I can't see it being a problem, people often change addresses especially if they're planning a long trip overseas and sell their house or move out of rented accommodation prior leaving the UK

Good luck, stay calm and she'll be right as they say in NZ
Old Nov 21st 2014, 12:19 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

We weren't asked for any further I.d. We were asked where we were staying that night and who my husband was working for.
Old Nov 21st 2014, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reassurance everyone, feeling a bit calmer now!