Bonus Points for IQA

Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

lucky2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Bonus Points for IQA

My friend told me that 25 to 30 bonus points are given to the candidate when one applies for PR if ones International Qualification's Assessment (IQA by NZQA) level is 7. However, if determined level is more than 7 then these bonus points are not awarded to the candidate. Can someone comment please..
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonus Points for IQA

Under the Skilled Migrant Category principal applicants are eligible for:

60 points for a qualification assessed as level nine or ten on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF).

50 points for a qualification assessed as level seven or eight on the NZQF.

40 points for a qualification assessed as level five or six on the NZQF.

40 points for a level four qualification included in the List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment, if the requirements specified in that list are met.

40 points for a qualification individually assessed by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) as comparable to level four on the NZQF, if:
  • the qualification is relevant to an occupation listed at Part B or Part C of the List of Skilled Occupations; and
  • the qualification is assessed as comparable to a New Zealand National Certificate.
40 points for a level three qualification included in the List of Qualifications Recognised as an Exception, if the requirements specified in that list are met.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:02 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bonus Points for IQA

Originally Posted by lucky2012
My friend told me that 25 to 30 bonus points are given to the candidate when one applies for PR if ones International Qualification's Assessment (IQA by NZQA) level is 7. However, if determined level is more than 7 then these bonus points are not awarded to the candidate. Can someone comment please..
Not sure what your friend is talking about, looks like they've got confused over the points system and work experience [possibly].
Bojangles's post gives you all the information you need. You can only claim points for one qualification if you have more than one.