BMI

Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:36 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Lee Lee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 247
Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default BMI

My husband is wondering when you take the medicals do you fail if your BMI is over a certain point and also I heard someone talk about their waist being half an inch off being fat. Do you fail if your waist measurement is too big?
Lee Lee is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2009, 10:38 am
  #2  
MnB
 
MnB's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Welly UK to Welly NZ to Welly UK
Posts: 2,227
MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BMI

Originally Posted by Lee Lee View Post
My husband is wondering when you take the medicals do you fail if your BMI is over a certain point and also I heard someone talk about their waist being half an inch off being fat. Do you fail if your waist measurement is too big?
You don't actually fail the medical but will likely get referred to Medical Assessor, you will also have to have extra (fasting) blood test done at the medical for cholesterol level .....have a look on NZIS site for link to medical handbook to find out acceptable BMI etc... oh and have a search on forum for info, lots of members have had same concerns.

HTH
B x
MnB is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2009, 8:53 pm
  #3  
appreciate life
 
willand tina_h's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Papamoa New Zealand and loving it so far.
Posts: 678
willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BMI

Originally Posted by MnB View Post
You don't actually fail the medical but will likely get referred to Medical Assessor, you will also have to have extra (fasting) blood test done at the medical for cholesterol level .....have a look on NZIS site for link to medical handbook to find out acceptable BMI etc... oh and have a search on forum for info, lots of members have had same concerns.

HTH
B x
Hiya Lee Lee,

we are one of those in this situation I have a high bmi and although my fasting bloods were normal still got referred to medical assessor (which takes forever) by the way, nearly 6 weeks it took to be told that the MA had deferred us due to my bmi and when it is under 35 I will pass as healthy and accepted for residency in NZ. It was 38, have now got it down to thigh high 35's and have 2 weeks today to my final weigh in and then have till 5th nov (which was a month that they gave us) to produce evidence, good job I started to loose weight as sson as we had the medicals!!!!!! Now I have between 7-10 pounds to loose, omg to make sure that I am well under 35. I must have driven everyone mad on here in the last few weeks, however, I cannot say how much support we have been given from my be members/new friends

Such a great help

Is your o/h's bmi higher than 35 then?? If so I would suggest to start trying to loose some weight as they can then show that they are doing something active to provide as evidence. Good luck.

Take care

Tina.x
willand tina_h is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2009, 9:09 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Lee Lee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 247
Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Re: BMI

Thanks everyone for the info. Tina sounds like your doing well, keep up the good work. I dont think my husbands bmi is over 35 according to the wii fit, but we defo want to start shedding some pounds just incase! Best of luck to you
Lee Lee is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:20 am
  #5  
We're HERE!!!
 
Kija's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Zealand!
Posts: 873
Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BMI

Originally Posted by willand tina_h View Post
Hiya Lee Lee,

we are one of those in this situation I have a high bmi and although my fasting bloods were normal still got referred to medical assessor (which takes forever) by the way, nearly 6 weeks it took to be told that the MA had deferred us due to my bmi and when it is under 35 I will pass as healthy and accepted for residency in NZ. It was 38, have now got it down to thigh high 35's and have 2 weeks today to my final weigh in and then have till 5th nov (which was a month that they gave us) to produce evidence, good job I started to loose weight as sson as we had the medicals!!!!!! Now I have between 7-10 pounds to loose, omg to make sure that I am well under 35. I must have driven everyone mad on here in the last few weeks, however, I cannot say how much support we have been given from my be members/new friends

Such a great help

Is your o/h's bmi higher than 35 then?? If so I would suggest to start trying to loose some weight as they can then show that they are doing something active to provide as evidence. Good luck.

Take care

Tina.x
First of all sorry to veer off topic, but Tina!!!!! WOW!!! Well done you!! I knew you could do it Hopefully you'll pass your medicals with flying colours! Here's some "I'm very proud of you" karma!
Kija is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:32 am
  #6  
appreciate life
 
willand tina_h's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Papamoa New Zealand and loving it so far.
Posts: 678
willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: BMI

Originally Posted by Kija View Post
First of all sorry to veer off topic, but Tina!!!!! WOW!!! Well done you!! I knew you could do it Hopefully you'll pass your medicals with flying colours! Here's some "I'm very proud of you" karma!
good on you lee lee, we have the wii fit too just been to the gym before I go to work, 12-8 today so was there as soon as I dropped the boys off to school. It just never stops does it??? Good luck though,

- Kija, thanks so much, karma is wonderful, lol.

Tina. x
willand tina_h is offline  
Old Oct 20th 2009, 10:35 am
  #7  
We're HERE!!!
 
Kija's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Zealand!
Posts: 873
Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BMI

Originally Posted by willand tina_h View Post
good on you lee lee, we have the wii fit too just been to the gym before I go to work, 12-8 today so was there as soon as I dropped the boys off to school. It just never stops does it??? Good luck though,

- Kija, thanks so much, karma is wonderful, lol.

Tina. x
You're most welcome but getting fit is so much more wonderful hope the new, healthier you will be back posting good news soon!
Kija is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.