Birth certificates... certified copies

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Birth certificates... certified copies

Hi,

Just been reading on what docs are required if we get an ITA. It seems that certified copies are required - I understand this as being a photocopy signed by a notable person.

I've also read that ideally the birth certificate should contain the names of your parents.

This is where we have the issue... mine doesn't have the names of my parents. Is this going to be an issue? Is it prudent to request a full certified copy from the issuing authority?

Thanks in advance guys,
Rick
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all
Default Re: Birth certificates... certified copies

Hi rick?

Just been through this myself and you most certainly need the full birth certificates for each family member! You can order them from the original registry office for £10. Also any local solicitor can certify copies and charge a minimal fee

Ali
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

If you need to get copies of these, the National Archives at Kew probably has them. They will do the initial research for free, then, if you need to order copies or certified copies, they will do this. Certified copies cost £25, which is extortionate. And they take a month - an entire month - to get them to you. Here is the link in case you need to use this service: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have just found my wife's and daughters and both are full copies... mine unfortunately isn't... although our marriage certificate does include my fathers name.

I'll contact the registry to see if they can do me a copy.

Regarding getting them certified... is a solicitor the best best? What exactly denotes a notable person? What about one of my colleagues (consultant oncologist)?

ta muchly peeps... this place is great source of info!
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:15 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted the council registry in the town where I was born to get copy of my full birth certificate, I think it cost around £7.50 two years ago. Very quick and easy.
I got my certificates certified by a local solicitor: again this was 2 years ago but I rang round for quotes and they came in between £2 and £5 per copy so not too excessive [and this was in London!] I had to use a notary public for my occupational registration documents and they were much more pricy
From the NZIS website:
A13.1.5 Certified copies

Certified copies must be stamped or endorsed as being true copies of the originals by a person authorised by law to take statutory declarations in the applicant's country or in New Zealand.Examples: a lawyer, notary public, Justice of the Peace, or court official.
I am assuming this does not mean that consultant oncologist is acceptable though a normal solicitor shouldn't charge too much to do it- just phone round and ask.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok sounds sensible... and it'd be a shame to have issues with them for the sake of a fiver per copy.

Something else to add to my neverending list!

Thanks again
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

johnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nicejohnht is just really nice

I don't know if the Post Office is acceptableto NZI, and I've not used it myself, but they do offer this service:
http://www2.postoffice.co.uk/counter...ecking-service
I got certified copies of the originals of my childrens birth certs from the local registry office (where they were originally registered) and it was a quick and painless process - but they were fairly recent births, on the computerised records at that office. I would guess older records that perhaps involve going to look at paper records would take longer.
John.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

my partner and I have not been asked for my birth certs, i only need these for my children. Im sure im not missing something. Maybe because im doing the WTR visa eh.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I ended up contacting the registry office where I was, well, registered... and managed to get 2 certified copies (full) sent the following working day! Only 9 quid a copy so was reasonably happy with that.

Just spent this evening sorting out all documentation, cutting out passport photos etc. etc. for medicals blah blah.

Time for bed methinks!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

theRices is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rick78
I ended up contacting the registry office where I was, well, registered... and managed to get 2 certified copies (full) sent the following working day! Only 9 quid a copy so was reasonably happy with that.

Just spent this evening sorting out all documentation, cutting out passport photos etc. etc. for medicals blah blah.

Time for bed methinks!
When you submit the ITA, you have to put a clear copy of the original behind each original of all documents that you are submitting.... I got a lot of photo copying to do this week...... we will send all originals apart from hubby's passport as he can't be without it.

Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh right... so they want the original (or a certified copy) AND a photocopy?

Guess I'll soon find that out myself... can't wait to submit the EOI now... its good to go! As you've probably guessed we're getting everything else ready now as well so that when ITA arrives we can pretty much fill it in straight away... and probably travel to London to check all documents are ok before submitting it.

Good luck with your photocopying!
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:41 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

Why don't you just get an original copy of the certificate and send that over. IDK, but maybe birth certificates can have some varations for different countries.

NZ immigration is great. It's much better than Australia and other countries.

When you get your ITA, you will get with it all the necessary docs (including the EOI you filled) and all that you need to fill in and a checklist of all that is required. That's how efficient the process is.

Hi,

Just been reading on what docs are required if we get an ITA. It seems that certified copies are required - I understand this as being a photocopy signed by a notable person.

I've also read that ideally the birth certificate should contain the names of your parents.

This is where we have the issue... mine doesn't have the names of my parents. Is this going to be an issue? Is it prudent to request a full certified copy from the issuing authority?

Thanks in advance guys,
Rick
Old Feb 1st 2011, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

theRices is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh right... so they want the original (or a certified copy) AND a photocopy?

Guess I'll soon find that out myself... can't wait to submit the EOI now... its good to go! As you've probably guessed we're getting everything else ready now as well so that when ITA arrives we can pretty much fill it in straight away... and probably travel to London to check all documents are ok before submitting it.

Good luck with your photocopying!
Yes either the original and a photo copy or a certified copy and another copy if I have read it right.