birth certificate- wierd situation !!!

Old Jun 19th 2012, 1:33 am
Just Joined

amsingh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default birth certificate- wierd situation !!!

hi

in my birth certificate my full name is endorsed but my parents name is until middle name that is the last name or family name is not endorsed.

for example if my fathers full name is : Abc 1234 XYZ then name on my birth certificate is Abc 1234.

would this be a problem??? in my passport and school leaving certificates there full name is endorsed.

can anyone please help.

thanks
Old Jun 19th 2012, 10:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: birth certificate- wired situation !!!

Crike. That's a bit of a confusing post.

Is what you describe typical of an Indian borth certificate ? ( apologies if you are not Indian)
Old Jun 20th 2012, 2:36 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: birth certificate- wierd situation !!!

Originally Posted by amsingh
hi

in my birth certificate my full name is endorsed but my parents name is until middle name that is the last name or family name is not endorsed.

for example if my fathers full name is : Abc 1234 XYZ then name on my birth certificate is Abc 1234.

would this be a problem??? in my passport and school leaving certificates there full name is endorsed.

can anyone please help.

thanks
I do not think it will be a problem. NZIS is used to dealing with different ethnicities and naming conventions.

Unless your name is actually ABC 1234.........
Old Jun 20th 2012, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Default Re: birth certificate- wired situation !!!

Originally Posted by BEVS
Crike. That's a bit of a confusing post.

Is what you describe typical of an Indian borth certificate ? ( apologies if you are not Indian)
Yup u are absolutely right... Im an Indian...
Old Jun 20th 2012, 9:00 am
Just Joined

okay let me make it more simple...

my full name is amardeep Singh brar
fathers name : manjeet singh brar
mother name: harjeet kaur brar

name endorsed on birth certificate:

MINE: Amardeep Singh Brar
father: manjeet singh
mother: harjeet Kaur

so last name of both my parents is missing. i have 10th and 12th class school certificate with my dob on them as well ... these have full name of my parents.
also in my passport, full name is written on my parents.

do i need to provide any other proof to convince the NZIS???

hope this explain my situation

cheers
Old Jun 20th 2012, 6:14 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

whats on your passport?

I think personally you may just have to get a notary to sign a declaration that the birth certificate relates to you if anything is required.
But you could try speaking to NZ Immigration that are/will be dealing with your case and ask their advise
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by amsingh
okay let me make it more simple...

my full name is amardeep Singh brar
fathers name : manjeet singh brar
mother name: harjeet kaur brar

name endorsed on birth certificate:

MINE: Amardeep Singh Brar
father: manjeet singh
mother: harjeet Kaur

so last name of both my parents is missing. i have 10th and 12th class school certificate with my dob on them as well ... these have full name of my parents.
also in my passport, full name is written on my parents.

do i need to provide any other proof to convince the NZIS???

hope this explain my situation

cheers
Okey Dokey & yes, I understood that first time But is this usual or the norm for Indian birth certificates? If it is, then NZIS will be used to seeing this.

If not, then I would do as Mrs Fychan suggests and have a notary endorse the certificate.

Example:
I have friends from Hungary. It is usual for the lady to also take on another first name when married. She takes on the feminine name of her husbands first name. That then starts to appear on official documents. NZIS did have a bit of a problem with this, as the name did not match her Birth Cert, until it was shown that this was the usual and normal for Hungarian wives. She had the same problem over the driving license.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

Okey Dokey & yes, I understood that first time But is this usual or the norm for Indian birth certificates? If it is, then NZIS will be used to seeing this.

If not, then I would do as Mrs Fychan suggests and have a notary endorse the certificate.

Example:
I have friends from Hungary. It is usual for the lady to also take on another first name when married. She takes on the feminine name of her husbands first name. That then starts to appear on official documents. NZIS did have a bit of a problem with this, as the name did not match her Birth Cert, until it was shown that this was the usual and normal for Hungarian wives. She had the same problem over the driving license.

cheers bevs,.... really appreciate it..!!
Old Jun 28th 2012, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

Example:
I am just curious
How was it officially shown that it was cultural specific thing?
I have never heard of any government body which will issue an official certificate stating that this and that are usual in our country.