Birth Certificate question

Old May 6th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

viv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura about
Default Birth Certificate question

I have read that you have to submit an A4 detailed birth certificate with the ITA submission.....to those of you who have done this is it correct or does the original of the "normal" slightly smaller one do?
Thanks Viv
Old May 6th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth Certificate question

I don't think it has to be A4: it just needs to be the full one. My Scottish (full) one is pretty small and certainly not A4!
Old May 6th 2009, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

viv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura about

Thanks I feel more reassured! Not another form to seek out!
I didn't know different sizes existed!!! It is in a NZ guide book on Visas I am reading but it did seem wierd!
Viv
Old May 6th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure that newish English ones also happen to be about A4 size. I expect it was just a generalisation...
Old May 6th 2009, 8:30 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice

Hi,
A full birth certificate is one that states both parents names regardless of the size of it. OH had an A4 one but it didn't list his parents names so we just applied for a new one. Only took about a week to arrive.
Old May 6th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by viv jones
I have read that you have to submit an A4 detailed birth certificate with the ITA submission.....to those of you who have done this is it correct or does the original of the "normal" slightly smaller one do?
Thanks Viv
Hi,

It has to be the A4 one as it shows both of your parents the smaller one doesn't. You can get the A4 one online for about £7.

Jo
Old May 6th 2009, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks...really helpful...I will check ours for parent names!
Viv
Old May 6th 2009, 10:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Regardless of size, it has to be a full birth certificate which shows both parents names. This includes your mother's maiden.

We used certified copies of our original birth certs. from the 1950's and they certainly weren't A4

If you are requesting a new copy certificate then they do seem to be A4 these days.

Just make sure that the certificate has all your family details on it.
Old May 7th 2009, 12:04 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
If ordering online, have a look at this:
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/bi...ates/index.asp

Alternatively, go into the local council office of where you were born and you can get one from there. My mam went in and got one for me, cost £7.50
Old May 8th 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Used your link and full birth certificate ordered...easy...thanks for the help...one step closer to NZ!
Viv