British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Big brother (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/big-brother-703123/)

snodger Jan 31st 2011 2:45 pm

Big brother

Getting assessed right now at nz immigration , had a few hiccups which I would live to tell you about but how much should you say ? I mean if I was in immigration organisations I would have someone on here as a member looking at what hopefuls are saying !!
Hopefully in the next month or so I hope to hear if I have a visa or not :D

BEVS Jan 31st 2011 10:32 pm

Re: Big brother

What an odd post , if you don't mind my saying so. Immy 'organisations are free to read open forums just like the rest of us. They don't even have to become members.:p

snodger Feb 1st 2011 6:21 am

It's not really that odd if you think about it bevs , if your getting assessed or already got your visa and you write something that big brother doesn't like then it could go againt you couldn't it ? Big brother is always watching lol .
A few things have got me p'd off during the process and I want to write them but I don't think I should if it will go against me.

Tranmere Rover Feb 1st 2011 6:51 am

Is this paranoia just to do with Immigration NZ or are you like this in England too? I very much doubt any INZ staff can be bothered looking on here after a hard day getting abuse over the counter at Manukau!

As for their process - if you don't like it, no-one's forcing you are they? It's their country so they can ask what they like. Same with UK Immigration (except they just don't seem to ask!)

BEVS Feb 1st 2011 7:02 am

Originally Posted by snodger (Post 9143237)
, if your getting assessed or already got your visa and you write something that big brother doesn't like then it could go against you couldn't it ?

No. It doesn't work in that emotive fashion.

snodger Feb 1st 2011 8:10 am

Ok then ha ha some of them are on ego trips aaaaah that feels better

Am Loolah Feb 1st 2011 9:00 am

Originally Posted by snodger (Post 9143412)
Ok then ha ha some of them are on ego trips aaaaah that feels better

Are you implying that someone at NZIS told you they read this forum to suss out applicants intentions? Or am I barking up completely the wrong tree?:confused:

snodger Feb 1st 2011 9:12 am

No your not barking lol I was trying to say do you think if you write anything on here and nzis read these posts could it go against you when applying for a visa .
If I were on nzis I would have someone here looking.

snodger Feb 1st 2011 9:18 am

Because so far it's been a right chew on with getting my visa to come to nz with my kiwi fiancé and I don't want to write something that may go againt my application if read by nzis .
I wish getting in to the Uk was has hard lol all you have to do here is show your face and they let you in

BEVS Feb 2nd 2011 11:24 pm

Sorry to read it's a bit of a bumpy ride -- if that's what you mean of course.

I doubt anything written on here would make a difference to an NZIS application really.

What's the prob then. Care to offload?

simonsi Feb 3rd 2011 12:12 am

Originally Posted by snodger (Post 9143550)
If I were on nzis I would have someone here looking.

Hmmm, I guess that proves that we do judge the world by our own personal standards.

In your case you are right to be paranoid as that is what you would do. Bit od a self-fulfilling paranoia though don´t you think?

Do you think that posting that you have something juicy to post but haven´t actually posted it will affect your application as much or more than just posting it??? Could be quite difficult to double/treble guess NZIS´approach to that...:confused::eek:

snodger Feb 3rd 2011 5:41 am

Nothing juicy to write about myself or my partner lol but anything that could jepodize my application ie what I think about the process and Nzis at the moment if read would go against me , although it's my right to say what I think ,attacking the people who are to give me a visa would be stupid wouldn't it .

BEVS Feb 3rd 2011 9:20 am

:blink:

NZIS will judge your application according to the guidelines and law. I doubt it has the time nor is it interested in your personal views . Too snowed under I would hazard a guess.

Scousebird Feb 3rd 2011 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9148991)
:blink:

NZIS will judge your application according to the guidelines and law. I doubt it has the time nor is it interested in your personal views . Too snowed under I would hazard a guess.

Am I missing something but how would anyone in the forum be individually identified anyway?? It's a discussion forum - to discuss...?!

simonsi Feb 3rd 2011 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Scousebird (Post 9150030)
Am I missing something but how would anyone in the forum be individually identified anyway?? It's a discussion forum - to discuss...?!

They install secret fingerprint readers on your keyboard and get you that way....:eek:

:rofl: