Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Best websites to arrange employment before the move.

Best websites to arrange employment before the move.

Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Niall NZ bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best websites to arrange employment before the move.

Myself and my partner are planning to move to Christchurch near the end of this year. My partner is a pharmacist and I am a financial/mortgage adviser. Can anyone recommend a website where we can try and arrange employment before we go? Many thanks.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best websites to arrange employment before the move.

Originally Posted by Niall NZ bound View Post
Myself and my partner are planning to move to Christchurch near the end of this year. My partner is a pharmacist and I am a financial/mortgage adviser. Can anyone recommend a website where we can try and arrange employment before we go? Many thanks.

do you PR already?

seek.co.nz or trademe is a start but it is always difficut if you cannot attend a face to face interview...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Niall NZ bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I will give them a try.

As the move is a few months away I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row. It looks like we will be applying for the 2 YR highly skilled visa. We are both british.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

If you gain a job offer then you would apply for a temporary work visa which would reflect the length of the job offer.

Pharmacist 251511/2/3

This occupation is on the long term shortage list. If you have enough points & you can check that using the NZIS points indicator , then perhaps you should think about starting an application for Permanent Residency now. If you do gain a job offer , you can always fill the gap with a temporary work visa or permit.

Occupational registration will be required for the pharmacist and NZIS will require this.

Below is a link. It is for the registration but also they may be able to point you in the direction of vacancies.

Pharmacy Council of New Zealand