which is the best visa?

Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

debbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nice
Default which is the best visa?

Hello to this site - I have been reading thru the threads and thought I would post a few questions.
I am Australian and returning to NZ to live permanently this March. I wish to take my British mother aged 68 with me. She is in excellent health and I undertake to support her while she is in NZ. I understand that I will have to live there for 3 years before I can sponsor her for residency. She has one child in the UK who she does not get on with and another living in Africa whom she has not seen for 12 years so I am her centre of gravity.
My questions are these ...... which is the best "visitors visa" for me to apply for? the one that will enable her to stay the longest period of time in NZ? Are there special dispensations that will allow dependant family members to stay longer than 9 months? Finally how long will it take for the chosen visa to come thru once I apply?
I will be grateful for any help in these matters
Debbie in Cornwall
Old Jan 1st 2008, 4:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which is the best visa?

Originally Posted by debbieincornwall
Hello to this site - I have been reading thru the threads and thought I would post a few questions.
I am Australian and returning to NZ to live permanently this March. I wish to take my British mother aged 68 with me. She is in excellent health and I undertake to support her while she is in NZ. I understand that I will have to live there for 3 years before I can sponsor her for residency. She has one child in the UK who she does not get on with and another living in Africa whom she has not seen for 12 years so I am her centre of gravity.
My questions are these ...... which is the best "visitors visa" for me to apply for? the one that will enable her to stay the longest period of time in NZ? Are there special dispensations that will allow dependant family members to stay longer than 9 months? Finally how long will it take for the chosen visa to come thru once I apply?
I will be grateful for any help in these matters
Debbie in Cornwall
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...alvisitors.htm

Are you sure that the centre of gravity test is met? Especially if the child in Africa is not a permanent resident or citizen of that country? (it's not possible to get this status in many African countries).

http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/centreofgravity.htm
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:21 am
Just Joined

debbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nicedebbieincornwall is just really nice
Default Re: which is the best visa?

Originally Posted by JAJ
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...alvisitors.htm

Are you sure that the centre of gravity test is met? Especially if the child in Africa is not a permanent resident or citizen of that country? (it's not possible to get this status in many African countries).

http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/centreofgravity.htm
Yes I understand what you are saying - these African countries have pretty poor legal systems. What can I say? he has lived in Africa for 15 years and has been in Liberia now for 12 years and is married to a Liberian. He has not returned to the UK once in the last 12yrs and says he has no intention of coming back?
I am not sure if he has become a Liberian citizen - I can find that out - but maybe his marriage will be proof enough?