Being sponsered by a partner?

Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Shiny Alex is on a distinguished road
Default Being sponsered by a partner?

As my GF is a kiwi and sponsering me do I still have to go through the whole points thing or is it a bit more straight forward (ie quicker)?

I only ask as I've just been sacked from my work (for having flu at christmas ) and we've decided that I'm going to go over and stay with her folks as soon as my visa turns up and shes going to come over in August and join me (shes a teacher and doesnt want to disrupt the kids she teaches).

Got all my medicals and xrays on booked in this monday coming (04/01/08), so it's just a case of waiting for the bloodtest results until I can send everything off.

Thanks in Aadvance for any help

Alex
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Being sponsered by a partner?

Originally Posted by Shiny Alex
As my GF is a kiwi and sponsering me do I still have to go through the whole points thing or is it a bit more straight forward (ie quicker)?

I only ask as I've just been sacked from my work (for having flu at christmas ) and we've decided that I'm going to go over and stay with her folks as soon as my visa turns up and shes going to come over in August and join me (shes a teacher and doesnt want to disrupt the kids she teaches).

Got all my medicals and xrays on booked in this monday coming (04/01/08), so it's just a case of waiting for the bloodtest results until I can send everything off.

Alex
you dont need the points test but you do need to apply as a partner to a NZ citizen. have a look on the Nz immigration website to get the forms downloaded, she also needs to fill out a form sponsoring you and you need to prove you a bona fide couple. not sure if you can go to nz before her, worth checking that out as well, you may want to consider emigrating together.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by newkiwi
you dont need the points test but you do need to apply as a partner to a NZ citizen. have a look on the Nz immigration website to get the forms downloaded, she also needs to fill out a form sponsoring you and you need to prove you a bona fide couple. not sure if you can go to nz before her, worth checking that out as well, you may want to consider emigrating together.
We've got all the forms and they're filled out, just waiting for my medicals and crb to be done.

So I might need to look into getting one of the outlaws to sponsor me instead?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

athena88 is an unknown quantity at this point

In pretty much the same position as you except my husband is the Kiwi.
Just had the medical and visa application is in the post,hope all goes well for you.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by athena88
In pretty much the same position as you except my husband is the Kiwi.
Just had the medical and visa application is in the post,hope all goes well for you.
Cool,

Just feels strange as we've talked about it for ages and now it's starting to feel real lol.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi all you Kiwi pardners. I've moved this thread to the Immigration forum as it's about forms and wotnot. It may attract more help of the form filling kind in here.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:35 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

You'll also have to prove you're in a defacto (as you're not married) relationship. You'll need proof that it's a real relationship, for the past 12 months. Longer is better.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:50 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya Alex,

I was also sponsored by my Kiwi OH. As far as I know, there would be no problem in you arriving in New Zealand before your girlfriend as you'll be the only applicant for the visa. But best double check with Immigration before.

I think the new regulations state that your partner will have to provide police certs as well, to be sent with your application:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...blesponsor.htm

Good luck with everything

Jen
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Hiya Alex,

I was also sponsored by my Kiwi OH. As far as I know, there would be no problem in you arriving in New Zealand before your girlfriend as you'll be the only applicant for the visa. But best double check with Immigration before.

I think the new regulations state that your partner will have to provide police certs as well, to be sent with your application:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...blesponsor.htm

Good luck with everything

Jen
Thanks Jen

Just got off the phone and the lady said thats OK, but the cost seems to have quadrupled, got told it was £110, now it's £460???
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

Cool,

Just feels strange as we've talked about it for ages and now it's starting to feel real lol.
same here we've talked about it for years and even looked around houses when we travelled around nz in 2001 we planned to save up a deposit then go back but we got side tracked with having our children. Its funny really as its now our kids that are making us push ourselves to get there. I was shaking when I posted off my medical don't know what I will be like when I go to buy the plane tickets and we havent even told anyone what were doing yet Im started to get scared
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:39 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Jen

Just got off the phone and the lady said thats OK, but the cost seems to have quadrupled, got told it was £110, now it's £460???
I remember paying something around £460 to lodge my residency application. Maybe the £110 is for a Work Permit under family category?

On the NZIS website, the fee calculator says £460 for Residence Other (couldn't find a particular category for partners) and £110 for Work Visa Partner of NZ Citizen.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Alex
I expect you already know this but you now need a police check for your sponser as well. Ive just had my application sent back and may need to get my medical done again if I dont get my hubby's police check done in time.:curse:
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:22 am
Just Joined

kiwi_janet is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby had to fill in the application for residence under the family category (spouse) and I had to fill in a sponsor form for him and get it witnessed by a solicitor. He also needed to get police certificates, chest xray and a medical. It is quite expensive all in, but we just did a bit at a time. Once we sent the application off (mid Nov) we got a phone call telling us that I needed a UK police check too, and NZIS would get a NZ police check for me. I was a bit nervous that the police check wouldn't arrive it time and my hubby would need to shell out for more xrays and medicals! Thankfully, it arrived in January and got sent to NZ house the next day, a couple of days later my hubby got a letter telling him it had been approved and he needed to pay the final migrant levy of £115. Got a card through the door yesterday so I think his passport is ready to pick up! yippee!!
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thats really great news Janet

Had my medical monday so just waiting for the blood test results, x-rays on friday, both police checks went in the post monday morning, so a two week wait for those.

Then I can post the whole lot off
Old Feb 7th 2008, 11:13 am
Just Joined

kiwi_janet is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet As! All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.