British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Before I submit my EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/before-i-submit-my-eoi-508295/)

nena11 Jan 22nd 2008 7:12 pm

Before I submit my EOI

I have completed my EOI, after changing our minds about using an agent, but I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask:p

First, I am not sure what they mean by: Do you have a recognized basic New Zealand qualification?, if I am already claiming the points for a recognized qualification(s) (BSc in Computer Science) am I aloud to claim it as basic qualification as well? I checked in the help but is not as clear as I'd expect
:confused:

Also depending in the answer of the above question I get between 130 and 135 points, so I am not sure whether I should wait and get a job offer or just apply and if I get a job offer (have sent my CV to some internet sites already) would I be able to amend the original EOI adding the points for the job offer?, do my points have a good chance? I know the range is between 100 and 135 but I just get anxious to think that mine may not be selected

Sorry if I sound stupid but I just don't want to mess it up

Again thanks for the help in my previous posts, we saved lots of money already by reading the information in this forum (as well as checking the links posted);)

newzealandplease Jan 22nd 2008 7:34 pm

Re: Before I submit my EOI

Not sure exactly which question you mean (been a while) but I think it refers to a qualification you have gained IN New Zealand.

I submitted EOI with 135 points and it was selected after about 6 weeks (if I remember). I then went to NZ and got a job offer, but this didn't affect the EOI.

Good Luck with your application!

nena11 Jan 22nd 2008 7:38 pm

I also thought it was for NZ qualifications but the description does not specify anything and when I try to add information it has the option to add any country :confused: confusing.....

From the Summary of Terms

Basic New Zealand qualification

A basic New Zealand qualification is a recognised qualification that is on the New Zealand Register of Quality Assured Qualifications at level 3 (in an acceptable trade) up to and including level 8 on the Register.

Thanks for your help

happynz Jan 22nd 2008 8:51 pm

I am guessing that they want to know if your qualification is equal to a New Zealand qualification. This is where the NZQA assessment comes into play. For example, your BSc in Computer Science should get you a level seven in the New Zealand framework.

That's my guess. :)

nena11 Jan 22nd 2008 9:03 pm

That is what I thought NZQA have pre-assessed my BSc and confirmed is a level 7

EOI submitted now...... we just have to wait

Thanks happynz and newzealandplease for your help :D

BEVS Jan 22nd 2008 10:44 pm

Hey Nena11. Have some karma for your jitterbugs & well done for submitting the EOI.
Just need to sit on your hands and repeat that ole EOI mantra ' I must have patience'.

Next selection is 30th or 31st January & fortnightly thereafter.

nena11 Feb 1st 2008 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 5826051)
Hey Nena11. Have some karma for your jitterbugs & well done for submitting the EOI.
Just need to sit on your hands and repeat that ole EOI mantra ' I must have patience'.

Next selection is 30th or 31st January & fortnightly thereafter.

Thanks it must have helped, my EOI was selected on the 30th Jan yipeee still smiling:D