British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Basics please. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/basics-please-557984/)

mikeyone Aug 28th 2008 3:57 pm

Basics please.

here are my details:

i am a male, single, teacher. 38.

do i wait for my qualifications to be assessed by the nzea or do i send off an EOI first.

i have a breakdown and understanding of what i have to do, i just need a bit of advice.

i do no mind where i work, i am just wondering if i should be sending off job applications now and then send of an EOI or send off my EOI and wait for the job offer?

all help and advice, no matter how obvious, is gratefully accepted.

thanks.

Flan Aug 29th 2008 8:17 am

Re: Basics please.

Hi Mikey

I am also a teacher and sent off for NZQA first. Then we submitted our EOI and have been applying for jobs the whole way through the process.

Something to be aware of though - things at NZQA have slowed done massively and some people have been waiting nearly 2 months for a response despite paying for the fast track option and having job offers. :ohmy:

So I would suggest submitting your NZQA asap and its up to you when you submit your EOI - ours was selected on 2nd July and we still dont have our ITA yet. So if you have enough points you could submit them at the same time to try and reduce the waiting time. Once you receive your ITA you have 4 months to submit it so hopefully you should have your NZQA assessment back by then!!!!

Good Luck :)

j19fmm Aug 29th 2008 8:47 am

Hi Mikey, I agree with Flan, fill in your assessment form on-line, send your documents off and wait for their assessment. It's good for three years. People have found that the Pre assessment can be totally worthless -except to the NZQA coffers!!
Presume you've found the EdGazette website www.edgazette.govt.nz ?
The TES site sometimes has jobs in NZ too although they tend to be in South Auckland. Select Education is another possibility too.
Good luck ;)

mikeyone Aug 29th 2008 9:18 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 6726894)
Hi Mikey, I agree with Flan, fill in your assessment form on-line, send your documents off and wait for their assessment. It's good for three years. People have found that the Pre assessment can be totally worthless -except to the NZQA coffers!!
Presume you've found the EdGazette website www.edgazette.govt.nz ?
The TES site sometimes has jobs in NZ too although they tend to be in South Auckland. Select Education is another possibility too.
Good luck ;)

thanks to you both for the info - am going to follow flans advice and send off nzqa stuff first.