Bankruptcy and work visa

Old Aug 5th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold
Default Bankruptcy and work visa

Hi I'm trying to sort my debts out before i leave for NZ, where I have a job offer. I will be arriving under the 'talent' work visa category. I have been advised to declare myself insolvent but I'm wondering if this affect my work visa application. I read through it and can't find any question relating to history of finances. My plan is to work to residency, so will it affect later in the process. Any advice would be grateful
Old Aug 7th 2007, 5:41 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bankruptcy and work visa

Originally Posted by owen
Hi I'm trying to sort my debts out before i leave for NZ, where I have a job offer. I will be arriving under the 'talent' work visa category. I have been advised to declare myself insolvent but I'm wondering if this affect my work visa application. I read through it and can't find any question relating to history of finances. My plan is to work to residency, so will it affect later in the process. Any advice would be grateful
I'm not sure if this will affect your application but I know that we had to provide bank statements when applying for ours to show that we had sufficient funds to support ourselves and get a return flight etc. Maybe ours was different as we have 2 kids. Since arriving in NZ we have obtained a mortgage, credit cards and loan for a car with no reference to a UK finance history. But again, I don't know if being declared bankrupt is something you would have to declare in any legal bit of the form as it is dealt with by court.

Hopefully someone far more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly to help you.

Wish you luck in your progress anyway. Mandie xx
Old Aug 7th 2007, 6:37 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Been said elsewhere but your financial affairs in that country should not affect your financial affairs in this country.
However I would be reluctant to ask the question because as soon as you do you may find a flag on your credit status in this country. Depends on the clerk filling your paperwork in the bank.

Over in New Zealand you get debt they refer it to a debt collection agency call Baycorp once that happens your screwed. You get a clean slate dont mess it up.

I doubt if it would affect your application because you have a job offer and providing you have sufficant funds to support yourself and a return ticket. Of course if you have a debt to the goverment eg Tax well good luck.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou for your replies.