Bad news = confusion

Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bad news = confusion

After 3 interviews for the same job, my partner has now been told that the project is not going to be ready to start as previously thought in the new year and they are going to keep his cv on file ready for when they start recruiting again.:curse:

I have a job offer to start at the beginning of February and we were planning to apply for separate work permits for various reasons.

Now we don't seem to have that choice so I need to add my partner to my visa application (not yet submitted as still awaiting police reports). We have both had medicals and applied for police checks.

My question is: How much evidence do we need for being in a relationship (15 months)? We don't live (officially) at the same address so no joint bills. We have kept evidence eg holiday bookings, boarding passes, photos, joint savings account. We have no printed joint invitations. Can get friends and family to write letters if necessary. Oh and I don't know how significant this is or if NZIS check into this, but his divorce hasn't been finalised yet and wont be by the time we submit the visa application.

Any advice?
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bad news = confusion

I think you need 5 pieces of evidence - we had children's birth certs, marriage certificates, joint mortgage and bank account, and a utility bill. You sound like you might be struggling a bit but the photos and tickets will come in handy.

I'm sure others can help some more.
Alison
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:56 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Bad news = confusion

Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
My question is: How much evidence do we need for being in a relationship (15 months)? We don't live (officially) at the same address so no joint bills. We have kept evidence eg holiday bookings, boarding passes, photos, joint savings account. We have no printed joint invitations. Can get friends and family to write letters if necessary.
It sounds like the stuff you have should do it, but the letters from family and friends should help.

Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
Oh and I don't know how significant this is or if NZIS check into this, but his divorce hasn't been finalised yet and wont be by the time we submit the visa application.

Any advice?
Better contact NZIS about that.