Baby visa!

Old Oct 27th 2013, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

homefromhome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baby visa!

We are just sorting our visas for next June, a 12m working visa for my partner and a 12m visitor visa for myself. However I am pregnant and due in June-I plan to have the baby in the UK and then meet my partner in NZ.
But I'm not really sure how I go about adding a baby to the visa-I guess 'it' will need to have a passport first and would like to know from anyone with any experience how long it may take?
Many Thanks!!
Old Oct 27th 2013, 8:43 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby visa!

baby passport are listed as taking at least 3 weeks

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passp...first-passport
Old Oct 27th 2013, 8:48 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE!
Congratulations on the pregnancy
When the baby is born you'll obviously need to get it a passport and then a visa for NZ. You need to get a visitor visa-see below:
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs/default.htm

Dependent children of work or student
visa holders

If you are the dependent child of a person holding a New Zealand work or student visa, you can apply for a visitor visa to be in New Zealand for
the same amount of time as your parent. Note that school age dependent children should apply for a student visa instead using the Student Visa
Application (INZ 1012).
Dependent children of Essential Skills work
visa holders

If one of your parents holds an Essential Skills work visa you will need to provide evidence their wage or salary meets the minimum income threshold.
The minimum income threshold is NZ$35,019 per annum gross. Acceptable evidence includes original or certified copies of an employment agreement and/or a description of the work with salary or wages equal to or higher than the minimum income threshold.
If both your parents hold Essential Skills work visas, both wages or salaries may be taken into account when determining if the minimum income
threshold is met.
Note: if the minimum income threshold is not met your visitor visa application may be declined.

Partners and dependent children of student or work visa holders

Most partners and dependent children of student or work visa holders can be granted a visitor visa for the same duration as their partner or parents' stay. However, this does not apply to you if your partner or parent holds a work visa granted under the following immigration instructions:

Foreign Crew of Fishing Vessels,
Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Work instructions,
Supplementary Seasonal Employment instructions,
Silver Fern Job Search instructions, or
Working Holiday Schemes instructions.
You can apply for an 'open' work visa as the partner of a Work Visa holder if you wanted to work at all whilst in NZ, though I suppose that you'll probably be busy with the new baby
Interesting that his employer is willing to wait so long for him to start work, is he replacing someone whose visa will expire?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

homefromhome is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I have looked at the fast track service for a passport in a week. Do you know how long it will take for the visa, is there any way around it?
The job is a yearly rolling programme so not due to start until June. Thank you!
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:07 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Link to the London branch processing times for temp visas. No specific mention of visitor visas: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...entrytimes.htm

Only other way I can think of is to enter with the baby under the visa waiver which will allow entry for 6mth, you apply for the visitor visa when in NZ. However the baby will need a ticket out of NZ for this. There may also be issues at entry as obviously the baby cannot leave by itself before 6mth are up and if you have a visa for longer...hmmmm
It all depends on how NZIS see this.

Have a look at this thread. It does relate to residency rather than work visas but does highlight that some parents have had problems arriving with their child and no visa for him/her: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=garni