Australian PR landing in NZ

Old Sep 11th 2012, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough
Default Australian PR landing in NZ

Just want to know a few things

If an Aussie pr lands in nz he will be given a residence class visa. Do anyone have an idea how long the travel variation will be

There is another pr visa status which have no time limit as before but also have indefinite rrv. Is is true?

Thanks
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Australian PR landing in NZ

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
Just want to know a few things

If an Aussie pr lands in nz he will be given a residence class visa. Do anyone have an idea how long the travel variation will be

There is another pr visa status which have no time limit as before but also have indefinite rrv. Is is true?

Thanks
AFAIK you get a permanent resident permit on arrival in NZ if you hold a valid Aus Returning Resident Visa. It does not work the other way round. The permit is permanent (ie it only expires if you leave NZ), the visa has an expiration date on it.

If you leave NZ and wish to return you need a valid Returning Resident Visa. You can use your Australian Returning Resident Visa for that purpose until it expires. Once it expires you need to qualify for, apply for and be granted a NZ Returning Resident Visa, based on time spend in NZ.

Once your Australian Returning Resident Visa expires you no longer have rights to enter Australia as a resident, and you will probably need to go through the whole application process again if you want to move back to Australia in the future.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info but I still can't understand it due to following

Let's say an Aussie pr with valid Aussie rrv lands in nz he get residence class visa which allows indefinite stay. But there is no thread or ins website says abt travel variation.

The only info it says in inz web is after one year can apply for variation.

It didn't make sense.so a Aussie pr to continue as a nz resident he can't leave nz until he eligible to get travel variation. If I m wrong can some one tell me if an Aussie pr enters nz get a permanent residence.did it come with nz rrv or travel variation ?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
Thanks for the info but I still can't understand it due to following

Let's say an Aussie pr with valid Aussie rrv lands in nz he get residence class visa which allows indefinite stay. But there is no thread or ins website says abt travel variation.

The only info it says in inz web is after one year can apply for variation.

It didn't make sense.so a Aussie pr to continue as a nz resident he can't leave nz until he eligible to get travel variation. If I m wrong can some one tell me if an Aussie pr enters nz get a permanent residence.did it come with nz rrv or travel variation ?
The NZ immigration website has some fact sheets on resident visas etc. Not sure of the details but the general gist is the first NZ Resident Visa has an expiration date (typically 2 years) and if you have spent enough time in NZ once that expires you can get a Permanent Resident Visa (ie one with no exparation date). You should only leave NZ once you have a means to return (either through your valid Aus PR returning resident visa or a valid NZ one)